Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tweet is the Lock Man!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cairo94507
Hi all- I have been trying to reach Tweet, (Dan) to check on the progress of my locks and the last time I heard from him was July 30th. Radio silent since then. Anyone know how to reach him? I sent him emails ad PM's. I hope he is OK.
Thanks,
Michael
mepstein
I heard from him a week ago. I'm sure he'll get back to you.
Cairo94507
Great- thanks Mark.
JmuRiz
Good to know he's still around...
Cairo, please send an update when you get them back. I was thinking of sending my locks to him as well.
Cairo94507
Absolutely. I will update my build thread and post pictures. I am looking forward to having 1 key open everything.
Cairo94507
TTT
r_towle
Have you tweeted him?
Cairo94507
Just PM and email - still no replies. I am getting nervous.
Cairo94507
So I called Tweet's phone number a couple of days ago and left a message and have not heard back from him or anyone else.
I am officially worried. I hope he is just on vacation or something. The last I heard he was requesting help locating a chrome shop for the chrome work and I provided him the list Scotty provided me with Scotty's #1 recommendation with my endorsement to use that shop. Ever since, not a word.
I have no idea if the lock parts shipped out to be chromed or not. No replies at all to PM, email or phone message. If anyone knows how to reach Dan, please let me know. I hate to think the worst.

Thanks,
Michael
Cairo94507
Tweet????? Where are you?
mepstein
What parts does he have
type2man
He sells on ebay so I am sure he is still around.
Cairo94507
I am sure he is still around; I just hope nothing happened to him. He has all of my locks for my Six - everything, so it could all be restored and work off one new key. I just get a bit nervous as it has been over a month with no word from him. unsure.gif
EdwardBlume
That sucks. Hopefully is resolved soon.
JeffBowlsby
Got an address? Maybe its time for a welfare check from cousin Guido...
Cairo94507
Hello All:

I have been dealing with Tweet since November of 2014.... we had a couple set backs with chrome shops that apparently went out of business or were closed down by the EPA - not the least surprising given the chemicals they use. A couple months ago Scotty gave me the names of some reliable, good chrome shops and I forwarded those names to Dan.

If someone knows Dan and has a better way to get a hold of him, I am all ears and would appreciate the help. I am a trusting guy when it comes to dealing with club members of standing - so I choose to believe something happened to Dan that is preventing him from responding to my emails, call, and PM's.

Thanks,
Michael
EdwardBlume
I don't have any /6 locks, but I do have some spare locks. You're welcome to anything I have for free.
Cairo94507
Hi Rob - I sincerely appreciate the offer, but I am hoping that will not be necessary. I think a lock is a lock, be it a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder car. I am still hoping Dan has my parts and everything is going good and for some reason he has just not replied. But I really appreciate the offer.
Thanks,
Michael
mepstein
The ignition is my only concern. I have everything else to make you whole.
TheCabinetmaker
I don't know him, but I hope he is well and will be back soon.
Cairo94507
Hi Mark - I really appreciate that.
Cairo94507
I called Daniel Roman, (Tweet) and left him a voice message at his phone number. I am not sure how big Homestead, Florida is but Dan lives on Portofino Avenue. Anyone close enough to do a knock and talk? I am hoping he is just overwhelmed with work.
arkitect
The only one I know in Florida is George 'ThePaintedMan' who is in St Petersburg, don't know how close that is to him. Maybe another member is closer????

Dave
Bills914-4
Hello, I'm about 35-40 miles north of him, when are you wanting to do this
knock & talk biggrin.gif , next week I'll be going to Octeenerfest piratenanner.gif , PM me with details
and possible time frame , Bill D.
ThePaintedMan
I'm a lot farther than Bill. But I'm also not sure we should be advocating "popping in for a visit" simply over some parts. If we are concerned about his welfare, that's a different thing. I've been a bit absent here dealing with my dad's passing, and I know I would have been a little bit upset if someone came and knocked on my door over some parts, rather than to just check up on me. If you do stop by, I'd do it just to make sure he's okay.
JmuRiz
I think at this point it's more of a welfare concern.
Cairo94507
To be clear, (I thought I was) I am concerned about Tweet. I am not advocating anyone go "tune him up". I have been consistent that I am concerned about him. I am still trying to reach him. I just sent him a message to his eBay account.

WLD491 - Thanks for the generous offer. Hopefully Tweet will get my messages and call. I will keep you in mind if I need to search further however. Thanks for the offer.

Tweet was last active on our site August 14, 2015 at 7:44 AM.
ThePaintedMan
Oh, sorry. I guess I missed that. I'm just hoping for good news. Too much sadness around here lately.
Cairo94507
Amen brother.
914itis
I had one deal with him that I was pissed about . I know that his wife is also involve in the buy and sell parts . She replied to many of my pm's in the past for him.

If he has an issue of concern and he can't post or receive calls , I think his wife would post it or answer his calls.

I may be bias because of my past experience, but it does not look to good.
Cairo94507
Terrific...... Come on Tweet (Dan) don't let me down....
rhodyguy
I had positive experiences with Daniel. With this type of situation you almost hope he's being a tool. Not to minimize your lock situation.
arkitect
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Sep 9 2015, 06:24 AM) *

I'm a lot farther than Bill. But I'm also not sure we should be advocating "popping in for a visit" simply over some parts. If we are concerned about his welfare, that's a different thing. I've been a bit absent here dealing with my dad's passing, and I know I would have been a little bit upset if someone came and knocked on my door over some parts, rather than to just check up on me. If you do stop by, I'd do it just to make sure he's okay.

George,
Sorry to hear about your dad, my condolences.

Dave
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif Where oh where has Tweet gone????
Cairo94507
Call off the search biggrin.gif Dan is OK. My parts are safe. Life has just been speeding along for them. I wish them the best.
rhodyguy
Must be a HUGE relief. You saved a nice chunk of change, and time/hassle, not having to resort to the classifieds.
Cairo94507
I have to believe that it being 9-14 day that the planets aligned and voila! Tweet is OK. And yes, I am greatly relieved. I did not want to have to replace my original locks. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
simonjb
Just an update for others.....Disappearing Dan hasn't been seen in 2019. Sent him door locks in December 2018 and he has gone way off the grid. Beware sending him anything. I have a court action with him to get my parts back.
Larmo63
Bruce Stone left me his number, I called and left a message.

No reply. I guess I lose an original key to my car and an extra lock.

What a bum situation.
sixnotfour
J.I.T. in the production world... beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
Cairo...please change the title of this thread
mb911
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 19 2019, 05:01 PM) *

Bruce Stone left me his number, I called and left a message.

No reply. I guess I lose an original key to my car and an extra lock.

What a bum situation.

Lawrence.. I sent him no less then 30 emails then followed by 10-15 vmails before I got anything back.. I actually located a porsche guy that was going to go to his house if he didn't respond.. Don't give up.. It's inexcusable for him unless a major life change happened which looking at the date of the original posts appears its really just his MO..

It's just sad as he is likely a nice person..
Cairo94507
I changed the title as requested by Jeff. Tweet was off grid for a bit back then but came back and all was good. Give him time if you are having trouble reaching him. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.