Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - 1972 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
scotty b
I am helping a local guy sell this car. He bought it out of Cali quite a few years ago and shortly after he had an accident and the car has sat in his garage since. He told me it ran, but stumbled badly so he pulled the engine to run through it. After looking at the hodge-podge of vacuum lines, my guess is all it needs is a proper routing with correct hoses ( which he has already bought an AA hose kit, see pics ) Overall it seems to be a pretty solid car, with only one patch on the floor, and a little work has been done in the hell hole. He had not pulled the rocker covers when I got there, but from looking and feeling around the jack post they both seem to be quite solid. You will see from the pics there are a lot of extra F.I. parts, and some extra interior and lights that go with it.

He is asking 9000.00 but is open to reasonable offers. PM me and I will send his contact info. I am also sending him a link to this ad so he can keep an eye on any questions I can't answer

Lots of pics in this one drive link. I'll just post the one teaser happy11.gif

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=459200D4491AB...8CA&group=0
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 2 2015, 01:12 PM) *

I am helping a local guy sell this car. He bought it out of Cali quite a few years ago and shortly after he had an accident and the car has sat in his garage since. He told me it ran, but stumbled badly so he pulled the engine to run through it. After looking at the hodge-podge of vacuum lines, my guess is all it needs is a proper routing with correct hoses ( which he has already bought an AA hose kit, see pics ) Overall it seems to be a pretty solid car, with only one patch on the floor, and a little work has been done in the hell hole. He had not pulled the rocker covers when I got there, but from looking and feeling around the jack post they both seem to be quite solid. You will see from the pics there are a lot of extra F.I. parts, and some extra interior and lights that go with it.

He is asking 9000.00 but is open to reasonable offers. PM me and I will send his contact info. I am also sending him a link to this ad so he can keep an eye on any questions I can't answer

Lots of pics in this one drive link. I'll just post the one teaser happy11.gif

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=459200D4491AB...8CA&group=0

Not a bad looking 914. Not the orig color (but few are). Does it have a VIN?
blanchck
Pat, it looks like it was originally yellow. The VIN number is 4722914046.
blanchck
I want to thank Scott for putting this up for me. I am the current owner. It is a California car that I had shipped to Virginia 10 years ago. I purchased the car 11/2005 and it has been stored in my garage since then. According to the last owner it was painted in 2003. It has never been stored outside since then, so the paint is in good shape as you can see from the pictures. I am dropping the price to $7800.00 or best reasonable offer. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see more photos of the car.

Mickey
scotty b
I'll also ad that I have looked the car over in person ( several of the pics in the link are mine ) and can give it my stamp of approval as being a good solid driver that needs minimal work to be on the road again. No, it is not a show car or perfect resto, but if it were, the price would be a bit higher shades.gif
scotty b
shades.gif
blanchck
icon_bump.gif
mepstein
this car would really pop with a chrome rear bumper
I know i just saw one with the rubber top for $100 in the classifieds.
Otto2015

uote name='mepstein' date='Nov 16 2015, 09:32 PM' post='2266011']
this car would really pop with a chrome rear bumper
I know i just saw one with the rubber top for $100 in the classifieds.
[/quote]
blanchck
icon_bump.gif
blanchck
I have dropped the price on the car to $4300.00 or best reasonable offer.
ffarms02
Will you take $3500 for the car?
iwanta914-6
Dropped the price from $9K to $7800, and now down to $4300. Then an offer of $3500 comes across. What is the deal with this car?
blanchck
I didn't get any interest in it over the winter. No offers at all. I talked to Scott and he said the market seemed to be slow. He suggested a price. So I dropped the price. It sold today to someone from New York and he will pick it up on Saturday. It really is a nice car so I can't explain why there was no interest in it.
jbyron
QUOTE(blanchck @ Mar 3 2016, 07:52 PM) *

I didn't get any interest in it over the winter. No offers at all. I talked to Scott and he said the market seemed to be slow. He suggested a price. So I dropped the price. It sold today to someone from New York and he will pick it up on Saturday. It really is a nice car so I can't explain why there was no interest in it.

Please post here if the sale falls through.

-Jamie
Annapolis914
QUOTE(blanchck @ Mar 3 2016, 04:52 PM) *

Same here if it falls thru I will buy, in MD so can get there easily. Wish I had checked forum more frequently.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.