I have been waking up the electrics in my 74 2.0 > 6 conversion after a 15yr sleep,the PO was a real car guy but really not a DIY guy if you know what I mean.
I took early retirement recently and have a lot of time after running a household daily and looking after my eldest (22yrs old) confused24.gif .

My car gets the best of my spare time and I really like it but my background is running large commercial fishing trawlers which is differant so the electrics in my 914 are driving me nuts.

Got the headlights working after a few issues with rh side light not lifting to correct height (PO problem),huge issues with the wiper switch but got that working for a short time,now dead and my electric washer pump is no longer working????.

I have narrowed down the issue to the 924 switch being a bit buggered so I suspect the contacts inside are bad,more work.
I have powered up the wiper motor from an independant power source and it works fine so I can check that off the list.

My current battle is the horns,my car came delivered with a Hella non-working electric air horns,my solution was to fit a set of horns from my mk3 Golf parts car which tested fine direct powered.

I have no control from the horn button,the wiring checks out fine ,the relay was toast so swapped that out for a tested spare...nothing,tested for continuaity from horns to relay fine ,same from horn contact to relay,tried to ground the relay plug and that showed no result.

Comments and assistance would be great,thanks all.

Click to view attachment

Bugger wrong section can someone move for me...sorry.