Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scaring the neighbors!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
An old car of mine that I came across this video file this morning. Not a "Porsche" sound...I warned you! biggrin.gif

PS: This was the first "start up" and bleeding the cooling system - thus the trickle of fluid AND don't follow my
my lousy extinguisher placement. Not practical in the time of need!!!

https://youtu.be/kAbpHVoaS5s blink.gif
Spoke
That is one bad-ass car.
madmax914
That sounds awesome! Love the cam lope sound. Great looking car! What size fender flares are you running? What size are those rear tires?

Great Job!
LeftCoastErik
Cracker would you mind posting a top view of the engine/trunk area? I am interested in how you braced it all out. I want to do the same with my little 215 when I add the hairdryer to it...
Jaymann
WTF.gif stirthepot.gif What no Burnout???Jaymann
Andyrew
I've got one way back from when I started my SBC with open headers smile.gif That was a great video.
krazykonrad
That's some grunt! Where in Cherokee are you? I'm in Canton by the reservoir.

Konrad
whitetwinturbo

............you BAD, BAD boy........ wub.gif
Cracker
MadMax - 17" wheels (9"F & 11" R - Lindseys) - 275 F / 315 rears

Eric - This was a "Hot Rod" not a race-car...all I was trying to do was "stiffin' things up" as opposed to making it track worthy. An occasional DE would have been fine but anything more would require a better system. It worked great...for what it was (and was a little different approach). A little bit of advice I'll offer...when installing a cage in the cockpit, make sure there is at least ONE middle brace welded to a plate on top of the rocker box. Also, when doing so, jack the rear of the car up and let the entire car "hang" in the air while welding on the rockers. Don't ask...just do. If you don't - you'll see the wisdom of this counsel first hand - and re-do some stuff too! biggrin.gif "

Jayman - It had NO problems burning-out (at least thats what the little birdie told me, of course)! shades.gif

KrazyKonrad - I'm in the Hickory Flat area. PM me your contact info...

Tony

QUOTE(LeftCoastErik @ Sep 3 2015, 10:51 AM) *

Cracker would you mind posting a top view of the engine/trunk area? I am interested in how you braced it all out. I want to do the same with my little 215 when I add the hairdryer to it...

IPB Image
billh1963
That is a serious sounding motor....I love it!
Cairo94507
I could listen to motor for hours on end. Sounds perfect.
pete000
Looks like the exhaust will blow the rear valence panel right off !

Impressive swap !
whitetwinturbo
drooley.gif ........fire breather..........serious outlaw territory.
carr914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Sep 3 2015, 08:18 PM) *

Looks like the exhaust will blow the rear valence panel right off !

Impressive swap !

Needed a down turn pipe - the paint was already off the valance

How did air get into the trunk for the intake?
Cracker
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 4 2015, 07:02 AM) *

Needed a down turn pipe - the paint was already off the valance
How did air get into the trunk for the intake?

T.C.- "I may not be the brightest bulb on the chandelier but I certainly ain't the dimmest either." shades.gif biggrin.gif

This will explain things a little better. Here is a pic of the original (w/ 901) exhaust with "twin centered" (hidden) down-pipes and a dummy "single" exhaust tip (looked real clean and was always clean!). What you're seeing with the pipes cut off is post 930 swap and was a temporary issue since there was trans/shifter cables interference. It was enjoyable watching people figure-out what was going on under there! rolleyes.gif

Regarding the intake: I simply removed the two plastic cups (the targa latch recess pockets) in the mid-trunk panel. The car made 434 rwhp (post cam/head during the 930 upgrade) so I presume it was getting oxygen for combustion. blink.gif

It wasn't ideal but I've got a much improved system on my current build. aktion035.gif

T.H.

IPB Image

IPB Image
76-914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 3 2015, 10:14 AM) *

I've got one way back from when I started my SBC with open headers smile.gif That was a great video.

Post it Andrew!
carr914
I'd rock a well-done Ls 914 all day long aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.