Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 Light Ivory 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
bembry
OK, the time has come to sell my 914. I'm in the Navy, and it stays stored more than I would like, and I just cant keep up with it. For example, I now live in Guam, and the car is in Bakersfield CA, pretty much waiting for me to come back.

Well, I'm back in California for a family emergency, and want to sell rather than have it sit some more.

the car:

1973 Light Ivory with a 2.0 I bought in from some guy in the high desert of CA (Lancaster CA) in 1996. The car still had fuel injection and ran, but was pretty tired. As far as I can tell, this car is from San Jose earlier in its life.

It is numbers matching--I have a COA. (the COA is in storage though from my move)

Fast forward to 2010: I had Mark DiBernardi at Original Customs get it going for me. He did a bunch of stuff to get the car up and running and fun. Here's some of what it has:

- Mark's 2056, 125 HP 2.0, built on my original case.
- new Dual Weber 40s
- new Rear Boge shocks
- new 100lb Weltmeister rear springs
- Rear window resealed
- New front glass (Sigla!)
- Optima Battery, red top
- New Tires (Fuzions 195/60 15)
- Repaired some spot rust on lower firewall and rear truck
- Rebuilt and refinished calipers from Eric Shea, PMB
- new Brake hoses, pads, and resurfaced rotors
- Turbo Tie Rods
- new 17MM ($$!!) brake master cylinder
- rebuilt alternator
- refinished pedal cluster with new bronze bushings

Mark also got the windshield wipers, and both heater/air blower motors cleaned up and going again, and lots of other smaller stuff like that.

Over the years, I also sourced a bunch of original stuff for the car. I replaced the POS aftermarket steering wheel and front air dam with correct stock pieces. The steering wheel looks old and aint perfect, but it is correct. I also ditched the Rivieras for real 2.0 Fuchs, to include the spare. The Interior is orig tan, with corduroy inserts. It aint pretty, and needs carpet and seat recovering, but it's there. The door panels are UNCUT too. Center console is there too, as well as a period Becker Europa AM/FM that's pretty cool IMHO.

This car hauls ass. The paint is an old respray to orig color, and has it's share of scratches, etc. Yep, someone (not me) painted the front truck black. Well, what can you do?

Bottom line, a super solid driver with some fairly expensive work done to make it solid. I'm losing my ass on this one, but want to unload ASAP. I fly back to Guam on the Sept 7th. If you come get it before that, it will be really easy. After, that, my folks will have to try to show the car, and they aren't really up to that.

This is a California 914. It's about as rust free as 914s get. It is registered in VA currently because that was my last duty station. The car lived in a garage there. I've also got the original fuel injection. It's in the mail to me right now, as I left it at Mark's accidentally when shipping down to Bakersfield. The FI pieces come with the car too. Local pickup only--I'm done shipping this little beast. Let me qualify "new" per the parts above. The work was done on this car in 2010. I have less than 2000 miles on it since then. Lastly, the longs are super clean--again, a California car. You come by and want to see, I'll take the rockers off to let you look at the longs. If you've been by Mark's place in Sonoma, then you probably saw my car. Call me to come see: (401) 787-5934. Brent

Come get before 7 SEP. Let's do this.

7000 OBO

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
bembry
sale pending
iwanta914-6
Well, that didn't last long...what a deal!!

Thank you for your service!
rjames
Wow. That may have been the deal of the year. Great looking car!
mepstein
QUOTE(rjames @ Sep 4 2015, 03:03 AM) *

Wow. That may have been the deal of the year. Great looking car!

agree.gif
billh1963
Yep...seller left several thousand dollars on the table with that one
iwanta914-6
Hopefully the buyer isn't a flipper and is someone that will cherish it for a long time.
era vulgaris
Wow, that didn't last long at all!
Just out of curiosity, what's the thing in the front corner of the engine bay below the battery support?
ric birks
A fuel pump for the Webers.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 4 2015, 04:14 AM) *

Comments like this are worthless in my opinion. Are you just trying to make the seller feel bad? How about just saying it was a good deal and leave it at that.
billh1963
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Sep 4 2015, 10:58 AM) *

Comments like this are worthless in my opinion. Are you just trying to make the seller feel bad? How about just saying it was a good deal and leave it at that.

Comments like yours are just as worthless. If you have an issue with my comment, whine to the moderator and have it removed or PM me so we can have an internet pissing contest.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 4 2015, 07:58 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Sep 4 2015, 10:58 AM) *

Comments like yours are just as worthless. If you have an issue with my comment, whine to the moderator and have it removed or PM me so we can have an internet pissing contest.

Thanks for the follow-up! Why whine to the moderator I don't want it removed, then I would have to remove my comment. bye1.gif
turk22
Have always loved this car, and if this sale was posted 3 years ago when I was buying my current car, it would have sold even quicker.

Somebody is getting a great deal on a very nice car!
beerchug.gif
hotlanta914
If the sale does not go through, I am interested - let me know. I am flyng out to CA next week, so more than happy to pick it up.

Thanks,

Brian
Tom_T
Dang Brent!

You'll be kicking yourself for the rest of your life for not hanging onto her! headbang.gif chair.gif

I'm sure I could've gotten someone from up in Bakersfield's PCA-GEM to run her once & awhile for you, until you get back stateside! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

It may not be too late to have second thoughts Buddy! idea.gif

Seriously, you can PM or email me if you want to change your mind & need someone up there to either set her up for long term storage or to get exercised every few weeks until you're back. The PCA-GEM Prez. is also our Zone 8 Concours Co-Chair, whom I know well & she & her hubby are ex-914ers, so I'll bet they or someone they know up there in B'field could get it taken care of for you. Just say the word.

Try to enjoy Guam, & give me a shout if/when you're stateside to visit over a meal or whatever!

BTW - have they given you the "full bird" yet? confused24.gif

PS - I would've called you earlier to try to talk you out of selling, but I was in OK from 9/3-9.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 10 2015, 06:21 PM) *

Dang Brent!

You'll be kicking yourself for the rest of your life for not hanging onto her! headbang.gif chair.gif

I'm sure I could've gotten someone from up in Bakersfield's PCA-GEM to run her once & awhile for you, until you get back stateside! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Seriously, you can PM or email me if you want to change your mind & need someone up there to either set her up for long term storage or to get exercised every few weeks until you're back. The PCA-GEM Prez. is also our Zone 8 Concours Co-Chair, whom I know well & she & her hubby are ex-914ers, so I'll bet they or someone they know up there in B'field could get it taken care of for you. Just say the word.

Try to enjoy Guam, & give me a shout if/when you're stateside to visit over a meal or whatever!

PS - I would've called you earlier to try to talk you out of selling, but I was in OK from 9/3-9.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

That's quite a post telling someone to unwind a sale. Remind me never to do a deal with you.
Tom_T
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 10 2015, 05:29 PM) *

Dang Brent!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

That's quite a post telling someone to unwind a sale. Remind me never to do a deal with you.

Go back off in your own jack yard Epstein!

I've known him for years, & the sale was pending, & it's his choice to keep or sell.

BTW jackass, I have perfect sales history with everyone with whom I've dealt, & I don't troll these forums for stuff to jack you around on, so stop doing it with me Bud! shades.gif

T
///////

whitetwinturbo
.........Thanks again for your service to this great country beerchug.gif

bembry
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 10 2015, 05:38 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 10 2015, 05:29 PM) *

Dang Brent!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Go back off in your own jack yard Epstein!

I've known him for years, & the sale was pending, & it's his choice to keep or sell.

BTW jackass, I have perfect sales history with everyone with whom I've dealt, & I don't troll these forums for stuff to jack you around on, so stop doing it with me Bud! shades.gif

T
///////

Sorry Tom---she's off to a new home with good folks. Thanks everyone for the help and the thanks for my service! VR, Brent flag.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(bembry @ Sep 14 2015, 12:42 AM) *

Sorry Tom---she's off to a new home with good folks. Thanks everyone for the help and the thanks for my service! VR, Brent flag.gif

Take Care Brent! Sent you a PM
beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Hank914
"...need someone up there to either set her up for long term storage or to get exercised every few weeks until you're back."

First, thanks for your service to our country and good luck.

Second, it's too late for this deal, but there is an idea worth exploring.

Service members (or expat biz people) who are out of the country for extended times, could "rent" out their teeners to responsible parties for long term heated storage, regular exercise, etc. I would pay $50-$75/mo to care for a nice 914 driver to keep warm, dry and take for Sunday drives.

The owner could make $600-$900/yr, avoid the storage fees (another $900/year), and everybody would be happy. If VRBO does it with million dollar houses, it could be done with $10k-$20k 914s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.