Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wagner Halogen Crapped Out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kupcar
Like the title says, my 2D1 Halogen headlight is toast. Doesn't look like they are available anymore? Are my other options H4's or LED's? I haven't priced the H4, but the LED route is expensive. Is everyone going LED? $3-400 seems a bit more than I want to spend at this time. Maybe I should post a WTB post to see what's out there.
kupcar
I checked of h4s on the bird, about $80 ea. Is this what most are doing for replacements? Are off brand h4s trash? Just want to keep things simple, plug and play. Thanks.
Tedman5
No LED for me. I have Hella E-code lamps with h4 bulbs. With the bulbs you have more wattage choices and Kelvin output preferences. That's just my opinion.
billh1963
H4 on Amazon
wilchek
These guys are great cars guys, give them a call and they will set you up. Genuine parts and good service.

I upgraded the bulbs which are same wattage but brighter which cuts into overall life run time of bulb but doesn't drain the under powered electrical system in our cars.

http://www.rallylights.com
rfinegan
I have 2 sealed beams you can have from my H4 conversion you can have for the price of shipping

-Robert

QUOTE(wilchek @ Sep 4 2015, 05:32 AM) *

These guys are great cars guys, give them a call and they will set you up. Genuine parts and good service.

I upgraded the bulbs which are same wattage but brighter which cuts into overall life run time of bulb but doesn't drain the under powered electrical system in our cars.

http://www.rallylights.com

kupcar
Robert, Thanks for the offer. I think it's time for me to upgrade as well. I thought H4 pricining was similar to that on 911 fitment, like $700. It looks like some H4's are DOT approved, some not. Amazon has them for around $40, but not legal. Anyone have any issues?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.