Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB a set of front BMW calipers for my 73 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dsmyth
I hear this is a good option for some braking improvement without going to great expence. Anyone have a set kicking around. thanks Doug
mepstein
better just to buy some really good brake pads from PMB. Make sure the system is working well and your good to go.
dsmyth
Are you referring to the porterfield?
mepstein
That's what I got but if you have any questions. Give them a ring. Go onto the website for bedding instructions.
914Sixer
Please read up on brakes in the Classic Section. You are chasing RAINBOWS by adding these brakes. Rebuild you stock ones and get them working correctly. PMB is a great resource for this option.
Tom_T
agree.gif on Porterfields & PMB, & I put them on my 85 E30 325e & 88 Westy from Eric.

If you're set on BMW parts, then try the BimmerForums.com ;-)

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Chris914n6
rockauto or local European parts house. Core charge was like $10 so no point in not buying rebuilt.

But no real reason to do the swap, it's been shown pointless.
dsmyth
Thanks for all the great input. I will spend more effort on mine and see how they work out. They have been well bled and rotors and pads look good but I suspect who ever replaced them last time used lousy pads. They just don't grab.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.