Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cincinnati VW/Porsche Reunion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
Venue has moved this year, much more fitting don't you think beerchug.gif drunk.gif Germania Park is located at 3529 W Kemper Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45251

"Join us for an Open House at MetalKraft Coachwerks from 4:00-7:00 pm on Saturday the 26th - it's an opportunity to tour a restoration shop and see a variety of vintage VW's adn Porsche in various states of restoration.

Show is the 27th."

Lots of details missing from the site!!!

I plan on being there, won't have my 914.
turk22
There is another thread recently for this.

I plan to be there. This is where it was last year, nice place.

Who else is gonna make it??
72black914
QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 5 2015, 03:24 PM) *

I hope to make it as I have never been to this event before. Are there many vendors? Anybody with a jwestengineering shifter?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(72black914 @ Sep 5 2015, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 5 2015, 03:24 PM) *

I hope to make it as I have never been to this event before. Are there many vendors? Anybody with a jwestengineering shifter?

I will be there. If you have a chance go to the open house Saturday at MetalKraft. Some real cool stuff inside and some great cars show up also. I won't have a Jwest shifter, just a small amount of 914 stuff and some rims this year. Oh and a 56 bug project of that belongs to a buddy of mine.
turk22
Bump for 1 week away.

its been quiet regarding this show, any other Cincinnati area teeners planning to make it??

icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

driving.gif
bigkensteele
My car is on jack stands this year, but I hope to make it. I have a family reunion in Louisville that falls on Saturday of the same weekend every year, so I won't make the open house.
bigkensteele
Double post - doh!
Peashooter
I'll probably be there, at least with the Vanagon Westy. The 914? Maybe if I'm lucky...
kafermeister
I plan to be there. ...but much like others here, my 914 will be at home.
dflesburg
I will be there if my GT is not sold...
Dr Evil
Hmmm. I wonder if I am busy.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 19 2015, 07:07 PM) *

You better freakin' be there. You gotta meet your new local peeps!
turk22
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 20 2015, 01:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 19 2015, 07:07 PM) *

You better freakin' be there. You gotta meet your new local peeps!

Doc, hope you can make it, would love to meet you. I missed the trip up to your place a couple of weeks ago with Hugh. drunk.gif

I got "Betty" all shined up, and got the rocker panels painted and back on. Fingers crossed for some nice weather like today!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914forme
Extended forecast low of 55 high of 79. And rain showers dry.gif Still plan on being there, but will be sporting a rain hat, and jacket. But hey its Ohio, most likely the forecast will change by the time I am done typing this.
Dr Evil
Well, the 26th is one of my class days for my child fostering classes. Can't miss one son out. Sorry for the tease. People are still welcome to swing by here, just set up with me first to make sure I here and available.
mbseto
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 20 2015, 08:04 PM) *

Well, the 26th is one of my class days...

Event is on the 27th. :-)
Dr Evil
Oh shit! I will check with the family.
GaroldShaffer
Looking for hotel recommendations for Saturday night. I will have the truck & trailer so I need a place that has room for it. Holiday Inn type places would be cool. Yes I know I can google the area for a place, just looking for info on areas to avoid.

Thanks beerchug.gif
turk22
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Sep 21 2015, 07:40 PM) *

Looking for hotel recommendations for Saturday night. I will have the truck & trailer so I need a place that has room for it. Holiday Inn type places would be cool. Yes I know I can google the area for a place, just looking for info on areas to avoid.

Thanks beerchug.gif

Garold, anything around I275 and Winton Rd (there a quite a few hotels right there) is only a few miles from the park.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/hotels/@...33;2d39.2963493
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Sep 21 2015, 03:40 PM) *

Thanks beerchug.gif

Don't worry - if you stay in the area of the venue, you won't be in the 'hood, or to be politically correct, in a area where urban discord would be most likely to occur.
turk22
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
Main event is tomorrow!

Looks like the weather will be okay, very little chance of rain.
Dr Evil
Im out :/ I have family and work stuff needing attending to. Yall can come say hi, though, sometime.
turk22
Pictures! piratenanner.gif
Weather ended up being excellent, little to warm with my black "Save the 914" tshirt on...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914forme
Wow, sorry I missed it, but work got in the way, and yes it was a great day to be outside.
GaroldShaffer
Nice seeing everyone today. beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
Dang. Shitty day for me that could have been way better.
turk22
Matt, I missed you I guess, I got there around noon...what time did you leave?
1970 Neun vierzehn
additional pics....
1970 Neun vierzehn
...and something you don't see very often.......
bigkensteele
Hate that I missed you guys. My car is on jack stands, and I had to do a touch-and-go this year due to other commitments. I doubt that my car will be there next year, but I hope to have more time to catch up with the locals.
mbseto
QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 28 2015, 07:47 PM) *

If you were the white '14, I had just gotten a beer and walked over to that area as you were leaving. Nice looking car, was hoping to get a closer look.
turk22
QUOTE(mbseto @ Sep 30 2015, 11:48 AM) *

QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 28 2015, 07:47 PM) *

If you were the white '14, I had just gotten a beer and walked over to that area as you were leaving. Nice looking car, was hoping to get a closer look.

yea, that was me, we have to get us locals together more than once a year!

mbseto
Yeah, I was talking to Paul about that. We could just set a date and do a grill out before it gets too cold. My place would be open... I'm jumping in to this build challenge and the morale support would be nice! Help me not get eliminated in January!
JoeDees
QUOTE(mbseto @ Oct 1 2015, 08:19 AM) *

Yeah, I was talking to Paul about that. We could just set a date and do a grill out before it gets too cold. My place would be open... I'm jumping in to this build challenge and the morale support would be nice! Help me not get eliminated in January!

I am the Cincy Diaspora, so I've got your back from afar.
mbseto
QUOTE(DirtyCossack @ Oct 1 2015, 09:26 AM) *

QUOTE(mbseto @ Oct 1 2015, 08:19 AM) *

I am the Cincy Diaspora, so I've got your back from afar.

If you're ever back in town to visit family or whatever, give me a yell.
JoeDees
Will do. We're planning for April, but who knows...
turk22
QUOTE(mbseto @ Oct 1 2015, 09:19 AM) *

I would love to come over and watch you work! av-943.gif

Actually its a good idea, and I'd be up for a meet-up, then we go to BigKen's and get his car off of jackstands, then we come to my place and do the dashboard swap...and then..... sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif confused24.gif
914forme
QUOTE(turk22 @ Oct 2 2015, 04:04 PM) *

QUOTE(mbseto @ Oct 1 2015, 09:19 AM) *

I would love to come over and watch you work! av-943.gif

Actually its a good idea, and I'd be up for a meet-up, then we go to BigKen's and get his car off of jackstands, then we come to my place and do the dashboard swap...and then..... sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif confused24.gif

Sure, I could do that, I'll bring the BBQ sauce, and some Q, if you all give me advanced notice. Like more than a week. Good Q takes a while to do, and I hate bad Q. And it would never hurt to meet the locals, build a group, and make sure none of us fall out for the running. Not sure you noticed, there are a number of Ohioans in the build off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.