Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tester thread for possible future group buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I'm looking into having these made, Unfortunately, the minimum quantity is about 500 yards. I can do all 3 if I do this. The average car would take about 3.5 yards in door cars, dash, and both seats. I can do the materials only, and or process these into seats. So it's not too much of a stretch to make this work. The tooling is in Germany, so there will be some shipping involved. If I can get this quantity the cost should be about $35 a yard. I need to look at about 1/2 of the material being committed to do this. The question is can I get about 72 people committed at relative cost of $120? This pattern has not been available for some time in these colors.
So Who's interested?
Mike Bellis
How many 914's came in this color? confused24.gif
jack20
Thanks for considering this, Mark.
I'm in for brown.
Jack
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 4 2015, 10:56 PM) *

How many 914's came in this color? confused24.gif

I'm not really sure. It does seem like I have had a few people asking about it, but I'm not even sure it's viable to do this, hence the thread. I figured that over time we may see it pan out. If not at least the question was asked.

rnellums
I would be interested. PO replaced my inserts in 80 with velour.
poorsche914
Definitely interested in Cinnamon for my LE.
Would it just be brickweave or would you also have nontextured for seats and backpad and upper door sections?

driving.gif
Shadowfax
I'm also in for cinnamon.
914Sixer
Mark has the Cinnamon sample I sent him for the correct LE interior color.
jack20
There was some confusion, on my part, regarding the difference between "brick mold" and "basket weave"
This is the brick mold that Mark refers to in his test thread. I'm posting this photo to help generate interest. I have a brown interior and brown brick mold is nowhere to be found.Click to view attachment
jimkelly
fwiw... here are pics of all the seats I have...

r_towle
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 5 2015, 01:07 AM) *

I'm looking into having these made, Unfortunately, the minimum quantity is about 500 yards. I can do all 3 if I do this. The average car would take about 3.5 yards in door cars, dash, and both seats. I can do the materials only, and or process these into seats. So it's not too much of a stretch to make this work. The tooling is in Germany, so there will be some shipping involved. If I can get this quantity the cost should be about $35 a yard. I need to look at about 1/2 of the material being committed to do this. The question is can I get about 72 people committed at relative cost of $120? This pattern has not been available for some time in these colors.
So Who's interested?

500 yards / 3.5 yards per car is 142 people.

That will be a tough target to reach, even 72 will be tough.
jack20
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 5 2015, 04:52 PM) *

So Who's interested?

Love the optimism. Thanks
Tom_T
Folks .... that's called "basketweave" in all of the original Porsche sales brochures (70-74 except 71 was perforated & smoother).

Brickweave was what Porsche called the flatter 75-76 texture.

Those who doubt that, go look at Jeff Bowlsby's website at the factory docs. You guys just make it far more confusing to get what you really want, by mix-n-matching the names.

Lakewell.com in Europe has the "Beige" (what Porsche called the 70-74 Tan) & IIRC the Brown in the correct basketweave, so trying to do another GB on them may be a PITA, until/unless they run out. They do both ready to go full 914 kits, & roll stock.

BTW - all dashed would've been in black for any color upholstery, & many may not like the dash in another color. IMHO it's distracting & off looking with a tan or brown dash, since all the gauges & top & bottom pads are black anyway.

Just food for thought Mark.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
jack20
Hi Tom,
That is exactly why I posted the photo on post number 9. My goal was to specify exactly what Mark is offering.
I checked Lakewell per your post on an earlier thread that I started on this subject.
They have black only unless I missed something. If you find something different please let me know.
Thanks,
Jack
dlkawashima
If you take a look at Jeff's documents, it's called "basketweave" regardless of the year or pattern. "Brick mold" or "brick weave" is not used to describe either pattern, though one could argue the early pattern is much more brick like than the later, square pattern.

Click image to enlarge:
Click to view attachment

Bug sites like GoWesty, JBugs, and TMI call the later 75-76 pattern "square weave." I agree with that naming convention.
This seems most appropriate because that's exactly what the pattern looks like ... a square weave:
IPB Image
jack20
I have just confirmed via email that Lakewell does not have brown or tan in brick mold or basketweave. Black is the ONLY color available.
Jack
Valy
Brown brickmold here .
Mikey914
Yes,
My naming convention was to reflect the shape. The late Square weave is the one that's pretty readily available. Just trying to see if we can make this work.
Mikey914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 5 2015, 04:52 PM) *

So Who's interested?

I figured if there was this much interest, I could take on 1/2 on spec to make it happen
lonewolfe
Hi Mark!

I'm interested in the Dark Brown.

When I ordered the black early upholstery and door panel kits from you I had asked about the early brown basketweave as that is the original color of the interior in my '72. It was not available in the early pattern at that time. Of course, I'd have to change the carpet to brown too and I imagine that is difficult to find as well. I have two cars so all the black interior could go into the other car. Will you also offer a seat back kit to go along with the seats & door panels?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.