Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has your 914 ever . . .
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
Has your 914 ever been published in a Magazine?
Photo on the cover? Centerfold? Feature article? Photo spread?
Christophorus? Excellence? Panorama? Grassroots Motorsports? Hot VW? European Car? DuPont Registry?

I know a number of 914's that qualify. It is time for show-off and tell.
Cuda911
Mine was in Panorama (Dec. 2014), when they wrote the feature article on Ethan's car:

(Ethan's is the blue one, mine's the silver one).

And, mine's been in several issues of our local San Diego Region Porsche magazine.

poorsche914
My ice-covered 914 was on the cover of the Smoky Mtn region newsletter a couple years ago.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
Bob L.
I bought some parts for mine out of a magazine. Does that count? biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
February 1992. European Car.
I bought the black car 12 years later.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
Not a magazine, but local paper about 9years ago.
Dave_Darling
My photo has been in Pano a few times, does that count?

My car was visible during the opening credits of the coverage of the 98 Monterey Historics.

--DD
rick 918-S
Published in October 2004. The article was submitted to Excellence Magazine by Jeroen (Yaroon) about the WCR event. With the interest from Fellow 914 enthusiast and Excellence Editor (at the time) extraordinaire Pete Stout it went into print right away.

Great story about friends meeting for the first time from around the world and the cars that brought us all together. All these years and we are mostly all still here.

914 owners are the best group of caring, generous people I ever met. If you are one you probably get it. If your not hang around long enough and observe and you will.

Both photos taken 2004 "Howards Money Shot"

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
r_towle
Nice hair rick smile.gif
Johny Blackstain
Yes. Brief mention in an old issue of "The Heat Exchanger", the Shenandoah region magazine for PCA.
orthobiz
Mine was in Pano after I won the concours in Traverse City two years ago.
I like this outtake photo from the shoot, angry November Michigan sky!

Paul

IPB Image
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 5 2015, 06:47 PM) *

Nice hair rick smile.gif

You should see it now. Almost white... dry.gif
Maltese Falcon
"VW Greats" June 1976
featured my first turbo build on my '74 2.0. I got to race the 1976 ( press car) 930 turbo at the Irwindale 1/4 mile. It was launching real well at the drags driving.gif driving.gif Click to view attachment
Seven years later the magazine became "VW + Porsche" and they also did a feature on my latest build; 3.0 biturbo six with 916 trans.
Maltese Falcon
In Nov.1995, "European Car" featured my 914 on their cover, it was now transformed into a steel GT body with flat-fan, 3.2 biturbo power w00t.gif Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Last feature of the car was in "Excellence" magazine June 2003. To date there have been several mods including ceramic ball bearing turbos, and 986 boxster brake upgrades. When new technology arrives...it finds its way on to this 914 biggrin.gif Click to view attachment
turk22
Mine wasn't 'featured' but it was in there!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
OmaPossu
My previous was.
Click to view attachment
iamchappy
Yepper, Fourteener Motoring.

Not a major mag but a start..

Maltese Falcon
...another small snippet from the 1976 article showing my 2.0 parked in the Irwindale sand pit with the 930 press car. Turns out there were a couple of these 930s that were sold to the public. One of those press 930s was featured in "Excellence" magazine. Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
The 930 that I drag raced in 1976, at Irwindale Raceway. As it looks today from the "Excellence" article. Rare birds; no doubt the first 1976 turbos to enter the USA prior to dealership inventory. Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Sep 6 2015, 09:22 AM) *

David...
Steve's magazine is Top Notch, you already are in a Major magazine !¡
Marty
naro914
Huey was featured in Panorama for our Targa Newfoundland adventures:

Click to view attachment

...and Bob Chapman wrote about our second year in Excellence:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

In addition to a short cameo in Grassroots Motorsports and a multi page article in Autobahn Ambition magazine

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Plus, someone made Huey into competitor for an online video game !!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Papa Smurf was on the cover of PCA Club Racing News once.

Just goes to show - wreck your car in a major event and you get LOTS of press!!

iamchappy

biggrin.gif

I had Magnus Walker sign the cover for me ....

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 6 2015, 01:20 PM) *

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Sep 6 2015, 09:22 AM) *

David...
Steve's magazine is Top Notch, you already are in a Major magazine !¡
Marty

stevegm
We are proud to have featured Chappy's monster 914 Carrera in the last issue.

Definitely still up and coming with Fourteener Motoring Magazine. There are lots of improvements in the next issue, and we are working on improvements for 2016, as well.
TJB/914
EXCELLENCE, August 2002 driving.gif
Full Restoration (1st place) winner 2013 Porsche Parade with 290.8 points out of possible 300 points. Now my summer daily driver. smile.gif

Tom
orthobiz
Nice, Tom!

Paul
brant
Excellence article. And multiple photos/race shots in vintage lane magazine
URY914
I was in PCA for 20 years and three different regions and never even got a picture in the local rag. F-them.....
oldschool
QUOTE(stevegm @ Sep 6 2015, 01:03 PM) *

Definitely still up and coming with Fourteener Motoring Magazine. There are lots of improvements in the next issue, and we are working on improvements for 2016, as well.

Looks like you're doing some good work Steve ...I need to subscribe wacko.gif
Krieger
Excellence June 2004. 7 page spread. Then she won concours at Parade last year! My silver 72 was in the Redwood Regions momthly last year, or maybe the year before.Click to view attachment
Krieger
Five lug 16x 6 Fuchs now.
stevegm
QUOTE(oldschool @ Sep 7 2015, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Sep 6 2015, 01:03 PM) *

Looks like you're doing some good work Steve ...I need to subscribe wacko.gif

Thanks. Yes, you do. aktion035.gif We really appreciate all of the support. The magazine is coming along nicely, I think. We try to improve it with each issue.

https://savethe914.myshopify.com/collection...ar-subscription

The next issue ships in a few weeks. I think you will like it. Here is a sneak peak of the cover.
Dion
A small feature in AutoRestorer back in 07'.
thieuster
Yes, I think has... But I haven't seen it. I don't have a ninefourteener magazine subscription so I can see how it looks.

Steve has promised me a copy of the magazine when his 'midengine' t shirt arrives overhere in Holland. So I have to wait a little.

Menno
nein14
Yes 4 page article in Excellence June 2002

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Big Len
Soon to be.....Panorama is shooting my car next month. I have to provide several places for a location nearby for them to choose.

I still can't believe it.
ChrisFoley
Click to view attachment
Cover of The Challenge (regional monthly publication), Dec. 1996
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Sep 6 2015, 06:04 PM) *

EXCELLENCE, August 2002 driving.gif
Full Restoration (1st place) winner 2013 Porsche Parade with 290.8 points out of possible 300 points. Now my summer daily driver. smile.gif

Tom

I remember that article from the flipped negative (under carriage pic) on page 125 biggrin.gif
Sharp car BTW!
Marty

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.