Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flood car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
garyland2
I had been saving my 1975 914 in my garage for the last 26 years. I considered it in very good shape and would run it once every year. Unfortunatly, it was submerged in Superstorm Sandy. I put a kid with a water hose on it for a few days and left it on my lawn for the last two and a half years. It still looks great. No more rust than in 1990. I assume all Mechanicals and Electric are shot but the interior, glass, chrome, rubber, top, Air Conditioner dashboard, and body seem fine.
I need to dispose of this car now because my house is finally being torn down. I am very emotionally invested in this car and need a way to dispose of it without the drama of listing it online.
Any leads on local recyclers? Or price advice?
Gary
Toms River, NJ

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=515
785]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
SirAndy
I can't help you with any recyclers but there ought to be someone in your area that would be interested in your car.

I can't imagine what that must be like ...
sad.gif

PS: welcome.png
mepstein
Donate it to one of the charities that will pick it up. Give the vin to sir Andy. Maybe get a tax break for the donation?
Johny Blackstain
Place an ad here in the classified section, it's free. Be sure to take lots of pics & post them & the history of the car. Come up with a number $ & see what happens. I bought my 1970 six from an ad here 9 years ago & have no regrets.

welcome.png
LowBridge
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 5 2015, 01:26 PM) *

Place an ad here in the classified section, it's free. Be sure to take lots of pics & post them & the history of the car. Come up with a number $ & see what happens. I bought my 1970 six from an ad here 9 years ago & have no regrets.

welcome.png

agree.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
bandjoey
You will sell the car here for a fair price sa a parts car. Please give a posting as much time as possible and don't send it to a junk yard. Someone in your area might even have available storage until it sells. Sorry for your loss.

This is a simple car. You might invest a couple thousand and make it a solid driver again. Someone here might come over and help with an estimate.

Good luck!
r_towle
Sell it to Garold, give him a good price that makes it worth coming to get it.
He is the guy who may take it apart and get other cars going.

Rich
rick 918-S
I worked on Long Island adjusting claims after the storm. I saw first hand the extent of the damage. Terrible.
914itis
I sent a PM , no reply.
arkitect
If anyone is looking for a good cheap rolling chasis in CA, McMark has a 70 teener for sale. Do a search on SF craigslist.....sorry for the slight hijack.

Dave
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(arkitect @ Sep 6 2015, 08:30 AM) *

If anyone is looking for a good cheap rolling chasis in CA, McMark has a 70 teener for sale. Do a search on SF craigslist.....sorry for the slight hijack.

Dave

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=263490
Kraftwerk
IMO every 914 is worth saving for someone.... or donate it to WFMU in NJ...
Porschef
QUOTE(914itis @ Sep 6 2015, 12:06 AM) *

I sent a PM , no reply.

Paul, why are you messing with a PM, there's a phone # in his post. Just do it. You know you want to. DO IT! biggrin.gif
garyland2
Do you have any advice on pricing?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 5 2015, 06:54 PM) *

Sell it to Garold, give him a good price that makes it worth coming to get it.
He is the guy who may take it apart and get other cars going.

Rich

agree.gif biggrin.gif or Paul (914itis) also he is 12 hrs closer than me. As for value keep in mind the water damage to the engine, trans and all of the electrical stuff. I know it will hurt, but $500 at best maybe a little more. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.