Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my tail lights are cracked up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Schnell944
replacing stuff on the new 914 and know I cant pass inspection with the lenses I have. called EASY salvage and all of the lenses on their teeners were cracked too. Does anyone have a spare set that isnt cracked or know where I can get a used set in useable cond? I really dont want to pay for brand new ones....there are other pressing issues I need the $ for on the car. thanks!
Aaron Cox
did someone tell a funny joke that cracked up your taillights laugh.gif ?
try ebay, got a set 40 bucks. had small hairline crack at a seam. good buy. it sure beats ones with holes in em!
Bleyseng
I have a set of USA ones you can buy. I'll post a pic later. I am in the middle of ripping the tranny apart.
Geoff
seanery
Hey, if you're really in the middle of pulling the tranny apart, how are you checking email?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Schnell944 @ Jun 9 2003, 12:23 PM)
replacing stuff on the new 914 and know I cant pass inspection with the lenses I have. called EASY salvage and all of the lenses on their teeners were cracked too. Does anyone have a spare set that isnt cracked or know where I can get a used set in useable cond? I really dont want to pay for brand new ones....there are other pressing issues I need the $ for on the car. thanks!

huh? i went to EASY this morning to get 2 taillight assemblys and they had some good (USA-red) lenses there too. there was a late (75?) car with good lenses.

Andy
Schnell944
guy there told me that all the ones they had were cracked and that he only had a new one for $125 <_<
Bleyseng
Gotta sit somewhere clean when I drink a beer! I had the laptop at Redbeards' site.
Geoff
MarkV
Somewhere there is a link to that site in .pdf format. bootyshake.gif
Bleyseng
Here's a pic of the set
MarkV
How Much? Any cracks? bootyshake.gif bootyshake.gif
Bleyseng
There aren't any effin cracks in these puppies.

Geoff
MarkV
Schnell get first bootyshake.gif crack at them. If he isn't interested I might be.
72Signal914
On the topic of tailights, my driver side tailight sticks out on the side a little. There is a little clear reflector inside on the housing that I can clearly see is in the way. It isn't there on the other side and that one fits perfectly. The screws fit fine on both sides but can just take that little reflector thingy inside the housing.
SirAndy
QUOTE(72Signal914 @ Jun 10 2003, 05:11 AM)
On the topic of tailights, my driver side tailight sticks out on the side a little. There is a little clear reflector inside on the housing that I can clearly see is in the way. It isn't there on the other side and that one fits perfectly. The screws fit fine on both sides but can just take that little reflector thingy inside the housing.

the reflector "thingy" is supposed to be there. maybe it's not mounted correctly, you can move it in/out, it's just slid in ...

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.