Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat ? Any Idea's ...Moved
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Beakster
Sorry Guys Posted this in the wrong Area .. The 914 I just bought has got a set of headers .. So No heat .. I need heat in the car .. Any Ideas on what I can put in or use .. Has any one put in a VW gas heater in there 914 ??
BarberDave
QUOTE(Beakster @ Sep 5 2015, 03:04 PM) *

The 914 I just bought has got a set of headers .. So No heat .. I need heat in the car .. Any Ideas on what I can put in or use .. Has any one put in a VW gas heater in there 914 ??

smilie_pokal.gif

VW GAS HEATERS WORK WELL, JUST BE SURE IT,S WORKING well !

THEY CAN KILL YOU, I AM IN NORTH WESTERN OHIO, LOTS OF SNOW AND

COLD !!!!!! EVEN WITH WHAT I SAID , I WOULDN'T HAVE ONE ! LEFT THAT TO

FRIENDS !!!! BARBER DAVE
era vulgaris
What headers do you have?

Tangerine Racing makes a heat exchanger that fits their headers (and the copies of their headers). I've got it on my car. It won't sweat out the cabin, but it'll keep it warm enough that you don't freeze.

http://www.tangerineracing.com/914headers.htm
mepstein
Make the commitment and buy all the stock heat parts. You'll have great heat in a bolt on stock solution. I've only seen one person use the gas heater successfully and they were into it for a couple grand when they were done.
rhodyguy
agree.gif unless you HAVE the need for headers to support your engine configuration, source a set of non 75-76' heat exchangers, appropriate ducting and exhaust. then you will have REAL heat on demand. your header might cover a good portion of the expenses.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.