Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radio Faceplate Source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kupcar
Anyone know where I can find a vintage faceplate? Unfortunately mine has cracked. I've seen other variations, but nothing exact. Thanks. Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
I have one on back order from Sierra Madre.
914Sixer
That is a one off style Motorola. Try over at theSamba.com.
kupcar
I kind of figured this was going to be a harder one to find. I'm going back and forth as to putting the radio in, or going radio delete. Didn't know they were still obtainable from Sierra Madre. How long have you been on back order? I haven't explored the Samba either. I'm just getting my feet wet on this little 914. Such a fun car! Thanks for all the help.
jack20
PM sent
914Sixer
Might be easier to go with a different radio it you need tunes. That long slot is for the Town and Country range extender for FM reception. That style was only used 1 or 2 years.
ripper911
king.gif confused24.gif

Maybe...
kupcar
Yeah, It's a cool looking radio for sure. I'd hate to not use it because of the faceplate issue. Click to view attachment
johnhora
try here:

http://www.oldautoradio.com/
914Sixer
Keep checking theSamba and Evilbay they do show up from time to time. It may not say Porsche but VW and Audi all used the same radio, just a different plate.
kupcar
I'll keep my eyes open. I'm almost wondering if I can do a repair, then cover old plate with some square weave fabric. Might look funky. Maybe go with a radio delete for now, then once a plate turns up do the change. I'm tired of looking at a hole in the dash!
914Sixer
The plate is a 911 one not a 914 one. AutoAtlanta is selling this version on Ebay. You might be able to modify it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.