Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tire air pressure question & VIDEO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
I think I currently have 32 psi in all 4 tires. they are new and just installed. when I went for my first real drive to dmv, I can feel big slop in the rear handling/tracking. I may have some suspension tweaking to do, and car has not had an alignment, but I think 32 psi is far from being enough.

what do you guys think???? this is me pushing car side to side, showing tire sidewall movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aptbCK1rj6o
914Mels
What is the recommended tire pressure spec molded into the tire say? Radial tires have fairly flexible side walls so a flex like that is probably normal. I wouldn't go above the max inflation pressure for the tire.
jimkelly
looks like 51 psi is max. so I could try 40 psi and see if that helps. Dunlop sp sport 5000.
Mike Bellis
Lots of variables like tire type and width. I run 35psi of nitrogen in 225/50/16 & 245/50/16. Nitrogen is more heat stable and is a large molecule so tends to leak less then standard air.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.