Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Djet installation sequence
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clapeza
I'm in the process of getting rid of the single carb set-up and putting Djet back on my 1970 1.7L. I've rounded up the pieces from helpful members in this group, and I'm on the verge on putting pieces back in the car. None of the original FI components are in the car. Now that the heat index has dropped below 100 F, I might be able to get something done!

Here's what I've done so far:
1) Pulled the fuel tank. Boiled it out, Marine Clean'ed it, etched it with Metal Ready, and sealed it with the POR-15 tank sealer.
2) Got new stainless lines and fuel hoses from Racer Chris, but haven't installed them yet.
3) Cleaned, painted, and lubed most of the parts.
4) Got new gaskets and seals for the intake runners and injectors.

What's the best order for putting the parts in place? FI brain first? When to install runners and injectors? When to re-plumb the fuel lines? Reinstall distributor?

I'd hate to get deep into it and discover I have to take it all out just because I forgot to connect a vacuum line or ground wire under the plenum...

Thanks!
Mblizzard
For me, I install all the fuel rails and intakes on the engine before installing the engine. Easier to make sure everything is correct and the injector seals are correct. Adds a bit of difficulty in clearing the rails when installing the engine but well worth the extra install time.

As a trick, I tie a line to the rails and pull the towards the center of the engine. The hose on the injectors flex enough to give a bit more clearance.
TheCabinetmaker
Start by installing the throttle body to the plenum then the three legged bracket and the plenum to the case bolts. The short leg goes on the top rear case bolt. Work your way out from there.
Bob L.
I would attach the injector ground wire to the engine case before the plenum, easier to get to. Also, don't attach the runners to the plenum until after the runners are in place but don't tighten the runners down until after the plenum is attached at the rubber hoses. That part took me a few tries.
mepstein
Wire harness 2nd to last. Hoses last.
914_teener
agree.gif

also I would add..the MPS is a pain if the runners are in as well if it is in the stock location.

TheCabinetmaker
Ask 14 different people. You'll get 14 different answers. Kinda like building cabinets. There are as many ways to build a cabinet as there are cabinetmakers to build them. None are wrong. Just different. What works for one, may not work for another. whack_3.gif
MichaelB
It's nice to have extra room when installing the head temp sensor by cylinder #3 which is easy to misthread (and decide if you want to use the spacer as well depending on your setup), and I second making sure the engine ground terminal is in place as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.