Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: when buying parts in classifieds ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
I think it would be good if we (myself included) went back to the classifieds thread and thanked the seller and described the sale a little bit. this would also help others buyers know if a seller is on the up and up, or not. my 2 cents.
VWTortuga336
agree.gif
Cairo94507
I completely agree. We are a small community; integrity, trust, honesty are paramount in these situations. I have had plenty of classified transactions both selling and buying parts. I know how hard we all work to maintain, preserve and grow our reputations.
Additionally, if we have a vendor or member who does not hit the mark in their transaction(s), that should be made apparent to our members so they can make informed decisions as to whom they should deal with or not.

Blue6
agree.gif
914bub
I'd rather see a feedback button like on thesamba. That way the thread doesn't become lengthy with "kudos" intertwined. Some ads have 20 or 30 items listed, that could make for a lot of "reading" and wading through things to pick out posts actually pertaining to the item(s) for sale.This would also allow potential buyers to see all of the sellers feedback in one place instead of having to read multiple threads for feedback.

What WOULD be cool though is a nailed thread on the classified forums to post about above and beyond seller performance.

Just my .02
DavidSweden
QUOTE(914bub @ Sep 6 2015, 09:25 PM) *

I'd rather see a feedback button like on thesamba. That way the thread doesn't become lengthy with "kudos" intertwined. Some ads have 20 or 30 items listed, that could make for a lot of "reading" and wading through things to pick out posts actually pertaining to the item(s) for sale.This would also allow potential buyers to see all of the sellers feedback in one place instead of having to read multiple threads for feedback.

What WOULD be cool though is a nailed thread on the classified forums to post about above and beyond seller performance.

Just my .02

agree.gif

I have been burnt once, the majority of sellers are honest guys. There are however those only interested in making a buck at someone elseĀ“s expense
EdwardBlume
I use the dates people have been around and the number of posts. Sorry, I usually don't buy anything by anyone who is new or has no posts.

You also kind of learn who the parts hobbyists are.... some very good ones in that category as well.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 7 2015, 09:03 AM) *

I use the dates people have been around and the number of posts. Sorry, I usually don't buy anything by anyone who is new or has no posts.

You also kind of learn who the parts hobbyists are.... some very good ones in that category as well.

agree.gif and if you place a WTB ad never buy off anyone with a low post count, only exception may be if they have a good rep on the Pelicanparts forum.
r_towle
I stopped selling stuff due to the hassle.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 7 2015, 08:19 AM) *

I stopped selling stuff due to the hassle.

I can totally understand this. I sell things only when I need the cash to buy stuff.
rhodyguy
i've been selling because i NEED the 'cash'. ALL of the time, every damn month these days. co-insurance=ALL of the parts 'cash'. biggrin.gif rather than a thank you in the classifieds i'd be happy with 'part received, looks good' pm. just the 'part received' would suffice.
Chris914n6
On another forum the system was a thread with the sellers name and anyone that bought from them would add their experience. Probably a subforum in the classifieds would be best here. You could also call someone out if you got screwed.

Thread: SellersName feedback
Andyrew
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 7 2015, 08:47 AM) *

i've been selling because i NEED the 'cash'. ALL of the time, every damn month these days. co-insurance=ALL of the parts 'cash'. biggrin.gif rather than a thank you in the classifieds i'd be happy with 'part received, looks good' pm. just the 'part received' would suffice.

^ I agree.

My monthly car fund has been cut to 0 so I've been offloading the parts I've been hoarding until I can get my better half to agree to raising it. (and sneaky amazon purchases help...) I've been selling a bunch of little stuff and most of the time I dont hear a word back. I know whenever I've bought something I let the seller know I got it fine that that I was happy... But hey I receive stuff all the time for work so communication is big with me...
Montreal914
Most of the time feedback is via pm so hidden from others. dry.gif
It's always pleasant to get a feedback especially when great care is taken to package the part properly and keep the buyer posted with the state of the process (shipping quote, item shipped, tracking #, etc...).
I'd say I hear back from about 25-50% of the buyers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.