Emulsion tube size: 9164.2
Pump jet: 50

Timing set to 27 degrees BTDC

Air bypass screws closed
Mixture screws out about 2 3/4 turns
Idle 1000 rpm
AFR in the 12's
Brand new phenolic intake manifold gaskets

I posted a few months back because I was having trouble getting the idle down under 1200. That problem is solved. However I was only able to get the idle jets down to 70's from the 75's the PO had in there. I tried 60's but the best AFR I could get was in the 14's with the mix screws out 4 turns.

Is this just how my setup is? It just wants 70 idles? I know everyone else was saying in my other thread that they're running 60 idles give or take a size with their mix screws further in, but I just can't get it to work.
The engine runs fantastic with how I've got it now, revs really easily and smoothly, head and oil temps are great. Is this just the way it is for my car? I don't know what else to do.

Here is the other thread, btw
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=dellorto
rhodyguy
it's only idling 50rpm above stock a FI car. no snapping out the exhaust or back thru the cabs? no off idle stumble? yes and yes, go drive it! see what the plugs tell you in 100 miles.
era vulgaris
Nope, no popping through the exhaust and no popping through the carbs. I drove about 25 miles today after I finished fiddling with it and it did great. No stumbling off idle or at any point in the rpm range. The thing is quick as shit! Seems even quicker now than it was before. #3 never got over 350, and hung around in the 320's for the most part.
I'll check the plugs next week and see what they look like.

rhodyguy
a set of dialed in carbs are swell. i bet you'll get fair mpg if you can keep your foot out of it. i LOVE the carb noise at 5k.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 7 2015, 07:08 PM) *

i LOVE the carb noise at 5k.

I know! It's like an army of ogres all simultaneously gargling nails happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.