Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone familiar with this 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iwanta914-6
Just curious if anyone knows this 914 in Minnesota.

Thanks

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I don't know it but I like it.
jd74914
That car belonged to Dave-O (Dave Hildebrant ?). He did most of it while he was in engineering school IIRC and used to post around here around the same time as Aaron Cox. The car has a neat low budget front sway bar and a few other cool features.
Mueller
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 7 2015, 03:56 PM) *

I don't know it but I like it.

^ditto...would love to see a build thread with more info!
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Sep 7 2015, 06:30 PM) *

That car belonged to Dave-O (Dave Hildebrant ?). He did most of it while he was in engineering school IIRC and used to post around here around the same time as Aaron Cox. The car has a neat low budget front sway bar and a few other cool features.

Well its for sale and the response to my email inquiry came from Dave. I'm hoping to take a look at it tomorrow.
Mueller
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Sep 7 2015, 05:35 PM) *

Well its for sale and the response to my email inquiry came from Dave. I'm hoping to take a look at it tomorrow.

Hope it works out for you...mind seeing what size rims and tires? The fitment looks perfect!
mepstein
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 8 2015, 01:08 AM) *

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Sep 7 2015, 05:35 PM) *

Hope it works out for you...mind seeing what size rims and tires? The fitment looks perfect!

I went looking on his past threads. looks like 6x15 minilights, painted black. I'm not a fan of yellow cars yet this one hit my hot button right away. The combo of the color and the stance just looks right.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 8 2015, 06:10 AM) *

I went looking on his past threads. looks like 6x15 minilights, painted black. I'm not a fan of yellow cars yet this one hit my hot button right away. The combo of the color and the stance just looks right.

Funny, I too went back and read some of his past threads (feels like stalking, lol). Anyway, yeah 6.5x15 minilights on 205s, not sure of aspect ratio. A lot of great info about the car buried in those old threads.

I'll be taking a look around 5pm tonight if everything goes as planned. If I like it (which I think I will) I'll have to move fast to get the funds in place since I leave for Germany on Monday. Timing on this is terrible, but no way this car lasts long enough for me to wait until I get back...
iamchappy
Hope it works out for you.
iwanta914-6
Well, due to unfortunate circumstances, I won't have time to go see the car. The rest of the week is shot and then I'm out of the country for two weeks. I'm kinda bummed because it's an amazing deal for $5200! I won't see a deal like that again, hopefully it goes to a good home.

For those that may be interested, here's the CL ad.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5210409448.html
championgt1
If that car is not folding in half that is a screaming deal!
mepstein
I'm actually trying to come up with a reason not to buy. If I was assured it was rust free, I think I would go for it.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 8 2015, 02:33 PM) *

I'm actually trying to come up with a reason not to buy. If I was assured it was rust free, I think I would go for it.

Here's what the seller wrote to me in an email when I asked about rust.

"The car was rusty when I got it. I welded new clamshells on the longs and replaced the hellhole, suspension console, floorboards, and thresholds with new metal. The car is very solid. The only remaining rust issues are a few bubbles in the paint that have not made it through, but the paint is 15 years old."

I guess it all depends how well his repairs were made.
iwanta914-6
Dave just informed me that the car sold. I'm a bit bummed, but oh well.

Anyone from here pick it up?
mepstein
not me but it would have been hard to resist if it was closer. Sell the fuchs for 500 and have a very cool car for 4700.
infraredcalvin
You will kick yourself for many moons on that one...

Keep up the search, your car will find you!
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Sep 8 2015, 10:16 PM) *

You will kick yourself for many moons on that one...

Yeah, I woke up this morning and thought about how I could have been driving it to work today. The timing was just terrible...eventually the timing will be right!
GaroldShaffer
Don't feel alone, I talked with Dave yesterday also. If I was closer I would have picked it up, it was a one heck of a deal I think.
Chris H.
If it makes you feel better that's a LOT of metal replaced. Keep looking in the dry states. Salt literally chewed through these cars.
EdwardBlume
"Its better to have loved rust and lost, than to not have rust at all." - Hillary Clinton
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Sep 9 2015, 08:28 AM) *

If it makes you feel better that's a LOT of metal replaced. Keep looking in the dry states. Salt literally chewed through these cars.

Actually that does make me feel a little better.
vintage914racer
One of my employees and his dad bought this car. I should see it in person in the next day or two.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(vintage914racer @ Sep 10 2015, 05:56 PM) *

One of my employees and his dad bought this car. I should see it in person in the next day or two.

I just noticed this many months later. Did you see it in person? Maybe I shouldn't ask, I'll just continue to think about the one that got away, lol.
vintage914racer
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Feb 23 2016, 02:30 PM) *

QUOTE(vintage914racer @ Sep 10 2015, 05:56 PM) *

I just noticed this many months later. Did you see it in person? Maybe I shouldn't ask, I'll just continue to think about the one that got away, lol.

I've seen it in person at least a dozen times. Very nice car bought very well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.