Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: New bass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chunger
Well,

Finished up a bass for friend's wedding present. . .. some pics. The inlay on the headstock was laser cut by Pat Pickerell from the forum. thanks! I think I should make it a bit bigger next time.. . .oh! And Jeroen turned my JPEG into a DWG file for me. Bass plays awesome.

-'Chung
chunger
another smilie_pokal.gif
chunger
/nother
TonyAKAVW
Thats a gorgeous piece of work. How long does it take to make something like that? I imagine the finish alone takes a long time.

What kind of wood is that?

-Tony
redshift
WOW! Learn something new everyday! Nice work man! I am a luthier.

Maple, smatter of birdseye in the neck, and some heapin' flames on the top! Looks intense!

Cheaters! Get out the saw!

wink.gif

M
Jeroen
Excellent!!!
Now upload some tunes, so we can hear what it sounds like biggrin.gif
chunger
This here's Macassar ebony on the fretboard, 3 piece birds-eye maple neck w/ 2 graphite reinforcement rods. Alder body with 1/4" book matched maple top. Honey burst on the headstock and body (doesn't go all the way to black). Burst is in translucent laquer. . . finish takes 'bout 2 weeks and 15 to 20 coats of real bad for you laquer, but I've been working on this one since college. . . I'm SLOW.

Actually, just never got around to it 'til now. Wedding present for a friend. This puppy's probably not going to get recorded for a while 'cause I'm STILL not done with my house.. .

if anyone on this list is interested in a similar bass, my friend's got a new one that's been sitting on his shelf for months now. . .. 5 string, smaller body, different headstock and a single Seymour Duncan stingray pickup instead of the double w/ Jazz pickup in front like this one. Sounds and plays gorgeous. I'm not sure how much he's charging for his these days.

-'Chung smash.gif smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.