Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '74 1.8 L-jet problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
designerguy90
Hello all,

I was going to post about a week ago, but things just got so darned busy. So I was at Garolds fantastic picnic with my 914, it had been idling bad, and dying after a few minutes sitting at a stop light. I got to the picnic, Brad looked in the engine compartment and noticed my fuel pressure regulator was missing a vacuum hose to it, so we sourced some hose from parts cars later on and put it on the car. It now will not idle with or without the hose attached. headbang.gif The lack of good info (from what I can find on the internet, maybe I just cant google right) has definitely made it difficult to figure out what a possible culprit can be.

Any ideas?
designerguy90
Also, just as a further note, the car runs fine once it's moving, I know it's a little rich, I get little backfires decelerating, but other than that, it seems to pull well and drive fine.
JeffBowlsby
Help yourself to a free download of an L-Jet FI manual from here and get edjumacated on L-Jet:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm
pete000
L-Jet doesn't like air leaks. I am in the process of debugging mine. Most idle issues can be traced back to air leaks so I'm told. If it is leaking air it won't idle properly.
Valy
I would check timing and then adjust the idle screw.
Looks like the idle was previously set with a vacuum leak.
designerguy90
Thank you guys, I played around with some stuff a bit, and I got it out running pretty well. When I was taking it back to the garage, I was stopping at a stop sign and the parking brake light started flashing, which I believe means the master cylinder lost pressure, so more gremlins to chase.

Im sure this isn't the last FI problem I have either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.