Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: suspension parts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
I have my front and rear suspension off the 76 car and need all new bushings and am in need of new shocks etc. Also the master cylinder needs replaced. I read that a larger cylinder is more desirable if so what vender has all the parts required?
Thanks Brian
madmax914
PMB Performance, they have all they different types of bushings depending on your driving type.

http://www.pmbperformance.com/914suspension.html

If you plan on a front brake upgrade you'll want to go with a 19mm master cylinder. You can get that at Pelican in the 911 section.

welcome.png
914Sixer
Please go to the classics section and read up on brakes BEFORE you do anything. Stock brakes when done properly are more than enough.
80cap
I am not planning to change the brakes. The original master cylinder is suspect. I am replacing all the brake lines and all wear items. I just need advice on a good vender for said parts.
Thanks Brian
rhodyguy
pmb (member), gpr/german parts and restoration (member), pelican (members work there), paragon, for your suspension needs. as you figure out your needs make a shopping list and post it in the thread. this is one of those areas where its easier, faster, and in the long run cheaper go deep on replacing parts that you personally know haven't been renewed or don't have receipts for. strut/shocks, f&r control arm bushings, turbo tie rods, ball joints, a bump steer kit if you plan on lowering, ALL of the sway bar bushings (if you have anti-swaybars). do em', all get a balance and alignment and be done with it.
914Mels
Keep your 17mm size master cylinder unless you are swapping to bigger piston calipers. You won't like the extra effort needed to lock up the brakes if you go to the 19mm.
Dave_Darling
Going to a bigger master cylinder is almost exactly like using a shorter brake pedal. You lose the hydraulic advantage in one case, you lose mechanical advantage in the other case. So for the same braking effect you have to push harder, and the pedal moves less.

--DD
Cairo94507
Hi Brian - What Mark (914Sixer) was saying is to consider carefully replacing the master cylinder. Going bigger does not equal better braking - just a harder pedal.

Personally, I believe the safest and best route is to call and speak with Eric Shea at PMB Performance in Utah. He knows of what he speaks and will not steer you wrong. He will be able to supply all of the parts you need for the brakes, suspension and even more. Great guy and terrific supporter of our 914's.

Do it right so you only do it once.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.