Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 photos from 1976
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smg914
A friend of mine found those photos from a 1976 Florida Citrus Region PCA event called "Citrusfest" Check out this 2 year old Limited Edition 914.
smg914
Another 1974 2 Liter
i love porsche
jeez, its practically brand new and hes already got a nasty aftermarket muffler on it....shame

but i love that first one...new background for me
davep
Is the LE running at Sebring?
smg914
Lots of 914's
TravisNeff
904 in the background is making me pop a chubby
davep
Red, #58 looks like it took a hit in the right door. Ouch! No side beam in there.
Stutgart46
The funny thing is that with Steve, if you took a picture 30 years ago and then again today the car would look exactly the same.
Cool pics Steve.
smg914
It sure looks like Sebring to me. He gave me a bunch of photo's of the 12 Hours of Sebring 1977 that I will post later.
Hi_Fi_Guy
Here is a quick resize and I pulled out some of the red cast.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
bondo
I brightened up that fist pic and got rid of the red tint. The results are startling!
Bleyseng
SEE, I told you they exist!!!! GRASSHOPPER! Isnt that Miles driving???

URY914
QUOTE (smg914 @ Mar 4 2005, 01:16 PM)
It sure looks like Sebring to me.  He gave me a bunch of photo's of the 12 Hours of Sebring 1977 that I will post later.

That isn't Sebring. The drive over bridge that you see in the last pic was not built at Sebring then. If the Citrus reigon put it on it would be some where around Orlando. Steve, call Steve Dagley, he'd know. He was probably there. biggrin.gif

Paul
smg914
Maybe someone from Citrus Region PCA will tell us where Citrusfest was held back in the '70's.

I have some more great 914 race car shots from the '77 12 Hours of Sebring but I don't know how to make them smaller than the size I posted here. I have them all on a disc. Should I go ahead and post them anyway?
URY914
QUOTE (smg914 @ Mar 4 2005, 01:55 PM)
Maybe someone from Citrus Region PCA will tell us where Citrusfest was held back in the '70's.

I have some more great 914 race car shots from the '77 12 Hours of Sebring but I don't know how to make them smaller than the size I posted here. I have them all on a disc. Should I go ahead and post them anyway?

email them to me and I'll reduce and post.
smg914
Okay Paul I'll send the Sebring pictures to you but here is one last picture from Citrusfest. A beautiful carrera 6.
smg914
Check out the previous photo of the LE just to the right of the carrera 6 in what looks like the same color scheme.
davep
Yep, but a 75 or 76. I wonder if it had the stainless rockers? They were really nice. I imagine though that it is just a repaint, since the originals would not have had time to rust out yet. Besides, the stainless might not have been available at that time.
scotty914
i might really be off in this statement....

i though back then the pca did not recognize the 914 confused24.gif
smg914
I joined PCA in 1974 with my 914. I just remember people tallking about back in 1970 when the 914 first came out that there were discussions about not recognizing the 914 as a Porsche until they realized that the 356 had a similar background. It still took a while for the Porsche purests to recognize the 914. Now most of them have either had one, have one or want one.
davep
Oh, they recognized it, but some members were not happy. Some members are not happy when any new model comes out. Oh the fuss when the new model was not named the 356D and had 6 cylinders to boot! And watercooling when it appeared!
Porsche Rescue
Great pics Steve. How is Josh doing with the yellow car?
xsboost90
i love old pics..nice!
smg914
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Mar 4 2005, 07:38 PM)
Great pics Steve. How is Josh doing with the yellow car?

Funny that you ask Jim. Josh actually called me earlier this evening. I missed his call and hope to talk to him over the weekend. The last time I talked to him he was a very happy 914 owner. I guess the engine ended up needed to be rebuilt so he had John Forbes at Black Forest rebuild the engine and install air conditioning using a Japanesse compressor and I understand it is working beautifully.
KevinP
That last pic was taken in Orlando. Facing south west at the Orlando Executive Airport next to the eastwest expressway (408). You can see the old CNA insurance building in the far right hand corner.

KP
smg914
Thanks Kevin for letting us know the general area where Citrusfest was held in 1976. It looks like it might have been held at some abanden airport.
URY914
QUOTE (smg914 @ Mar 5 2005, 05:39 PM)
some abanden airport.

I think it is in Orlando, not Abanden. laugh.gif
smg914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 5 2005, 06:51 PM)
[/QUOTE]
I think it is in Orlando, not Abanden. laugh.gif

I'm too tired to come up with a funny response to that Paul. Had a long day but a great day today. Starting with the Tampa Bay 914 breakfast and an afternoon of Historic Sportscar Racing at Sebring and an evening watching the opening round of Formula 1 in Australia. What a great day! Tomorrow Janie and I are going to a Yankee spring training game. I can't wait until Monday so I can sleep in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.