Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Five Lug rear conversion hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
pete000
Here is a nice set of five lug conversion hubs. Fresh CAD plated. Nice clean splines.

Now for the odd part. I tried a set of used studs and they dont fit tight into the holes. Not sure if this is due to they being used studs or if the holes in the hubs might be too big?

I am also not sure if there are different size studs out there and mine are just too small. These are offered "As Is" and sold as possibly being off.

Asking $150.00 for the pair shipped in the USA via Fed Ex Ground.
mgp4591
Have you tried different brands of studs to see if they fit? I would run into a similar situation when I was wrenching for a living- it seemed strange but occasionally it would happen and I never understood why... it would help in you selling them if you had an answer to those interested in buying them because as it is now they won't really fit anything unless you weld them in... idea.gif
euro911
Can one use bolts through the back side and either red lock-tite or tack the bolt heads?
914Sixer
It is not unusual for used lugs not fitting correctly. They were designed for one use.
bdstone914
Do you have Veribus OEM studs? I have never had a problem with used studs not fitting snugly. What is the hole diameter?
pete000
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 10 2015, 08:14 PM) *

Do you have Veribus OEM studs? I have never had a problem with used studs not fitting snugly. What is the hole diameter?

I have a dozen used studs and they all fit a bit on the loose side. I will hit up Napa and see if they have any new studs that might fit tighter...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.