Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Instructions- Longs kit from 914 LTD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bahnzai
Does anyone have a set of installation instructions for the Longitudinal Kit from Brad Mayeur 914 LTD?
I bought the kit years ago and now cannot find the couple of pages of instructions that came with the kit.
Thanks for any help,
Danny
mgp4591
Look him up on Maddog motorsports, contact him and he'll probably help you out. You could also look up a tutorial on Restoration Design- they're very thorough, easy to follow and they've got video on installing just about every piece of sheet metal you could come across on a 914. Happy welding! welder.gif
AndyB
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 10 2015, 06:45 AM) *

Look him up on Maddog motorsports, contact him and he'll probably help you out. You could also look up a tutorial on Restoration Design- they're very thorough, easy to follow and they've got video on installing just about every piece of sheet metal you could come across on a 914. Happy welding! welder.gif

Except flares sad.gif
GeorgeRud
Just give Brad a call at 914Ltd and I'm sure he'll help you out (309-694-1797) The kit really does help strengthen the structure.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Sep 10 2015, 06:33 AM) *

Just give Brad a call at 914Ltd and I'm sure he'll help you out (309-694-1797) The kit really does help strengthen the structure.

agree.gif Give him a call.
designerguy90
agree.gif Seconded, Brad helped me through my questions for his long kit. I can take a look in my garage and see if I can find his instruction sheet and scan it. Also, pop over to my restoration thread, I have a few good pics of the kit getting put in. The tricky part is when you unbolt the suspension and rebolt it in to hold the rear piece of the kit in place while you weld, you want to make sure the geometry is right.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...51356&st=20

Best of luck! aktion035.gif
bahnzai
Thanks you all. designerguy90, if you find anything, it is appreciated. Good thread too.
Thanks,
Danny
Harpo
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 10 2015, 02:45 AM) *

Brad 914LTD is not the same as Maddog motor sports
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
Brads kit is also not the Engman kit..
mgp4591
QUOTE(Harpo @ Sep 10 2015, 06:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 10 2015, 02:45 AM) *

Brad 914LTD is not the same as Maddog motor sports

Oops... my bad. I was thinking I'd seen the name associated with Maddog. In any case, Restoration Design has the tutorials (I believe) online to help and others may have them in print or PDF for using as a guide.
r_towle
Wow, lots of wrong information.

Brads kit is unique, well done and heavy duty.
restoration design would not have any information on how to install it.
Call Brad, simple. Great guy to know.

Mad dog copied the (RIP) Engman inner long kit and sells that now.

Restoration design has outer long pieces, and also has an outer long overlay.

So, lots of mixed up internet myths in this thread, just setting the facts straight.
mgp4591
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 10 2015, 09:03 PM) *

So, lots of mixed up internet myths in this thread, just setting the facts straight.

Thanks for straightening this out- I was typing late, on painkillers and was trying to help... I'm picking up a set of the inner stiffening kit from Maddog and the floors from Restoration Design to keep my build going. blink.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 10 2015, 11:21 PM) *

Thanks for straightening this out- I was typing late, on painkillers and was trying to help... I'm picking up a set of the inner stiffening kit from Maddog and the floors from Restoration Design to keep my build going. blink.gif

Good to hear, so the tutorials for installing those will be on the AA website forum. biggrin.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 10 2015, 09:30 PM) *

Good to hear, so the tutorials for installing those will be on the AA website forum. biggrin.gif

So is Brads stiffening kit a different design or just thicker material? It also looks like it fits to the outside? I may be checking into that because I'm thinking of a shorter roll cage mainly for side protection being a 71 and all. I'm also a bit paranoid about a good side hit after being wiped out on my Harley by a truck that "didn't see me"...
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Sep 11 2015, 12:36 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 10 2015, 09:30 PM) *

So is Brads stiffening kit a different design or just thicker material? It also looks like it fits to the outside? I may be checking into that because I'm thinking of a shorter roll cage mainly for side protection being a 71 and all. I'm also a bit paranoid about a good side hit after being wiped out on my Harley by a truck that "didn't see me"...

Brad's kit is a different design that goes out the outside the long and up into the suspension area. If you go to his website ----> (Click HERE for 914LTD) then click on parts you will see pictures and full description of his kit. I had Brad's kit on my 70, not for rust repair, but to add stiffness ot the chassis for autocrossing & track day stuff. You could really tell the difference in the car. Hope this helps.
BIGKAT_83
Pretty good write up HERE on the pelican site. This was done by Rusty one of our admins a few years ago.

biggrin.gif
xperu
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Sep 11 2015, 06:31 AM) *

Pretty good write up HERE on the pelican site. This was done by Rusty one of our admins a few years ago.

biggrin.gif

I just got my car back from the shop after having the Restoration Design kit installed. I have to say, it really made a difference with the stiffening of the car.
You have to remove the door ceil plate support and I believe the door ceil plates for proper fitment and access is a little tough under the rear qtr. panels behind the doors..................... Take your time with the prep, welding and fitment and you will be happy with the results as I am. Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.