Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixers34926
Hey everyone my names Alex and I have been an owner of a 1973 914 2.0 since 2008 when I inherited it from my grandpa. The car has been garaged and dormant at my dad's house for awhile the last time it was registered was in 1999. My dad had a buddy get it up and sort of running about 8 months ago and he brought up to where I live on a trailer about 3 months ago. It has two flat tires and needs a lot of work but I figured I had to start somewhere so I figured I would get the valves adjusted and and time everything up and see if I could get it running reliably. That's where I ran into a problem though when trying to find TDC I put the car in gear and rotate the tires but the fan blades do not move. I crawled under the car and noticed the ball cup bushing was completely deteriorated as shown in the pictures. Could that be the cause of my issue? Is there anyway to verify that? Thanks in advance guys I look forward to getting this thing up and running! driving.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914itis
welcome.png

If the car is not going into gear , the fan will not turn. In addition you have to jack up only one side of the car.

Jack up the driver's side and and make sure that the passenger's side is on the floor. Put the car In 5th gear.
ndfrigi
1st that bushing is cheap and easy to replace. 2nd, did you jack up both rear tires? if yes, the fan will not turn if only 1 rear side is being turn. 3rd since the bushing is broken, maybe you are not in the gear of your transmission that is why also.
sixers34926
QUOTE(914itis @ Sep 10 2015, 03:05 PM) *

welcome.png

If the car is not going into gear , the fan will not turn. In addition you have to jack up only one side of the car.

Jack up the driver's side and and make sure that the passenger's side is on the floor. Put the car In 5th gear.

Wow I feel like an idiot I completely forgot to keep one tire on the ground! headbang.gif headbang.gif Thank you guys! you just saved me hours of staring and cussing! beerchug.gif I already ordered the bushing set as well just wanted to get the engine timed while I waited.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sixers34926 @ Sep 10 2015, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Sep 10 2015, 03:05 PM) *

welcome.png

Wow I feel like an idiot I completely forgot to keep one tire on the ground! headbang.gif headbang.gif Thank you guys! you just saved me hours of staring and cussing! beerchug.gif I already ordered the bushing set as well just wanted to get the engine timed while I waited.

you may want to replace the cone screw too.
sixers34926
[/quote]

you may want to replace the cone screw too.
[/quote]

I bought the whole kit from Pelican so i will be refreshing it all! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.