Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1971 914 Bahia Red, Electric Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jtg
For Sale next spring will be my 1971 Electric Drive Porsche 914. I'm buying another Electric Vehicle and do not have the garage space for two. I decided to post it here first because of all the help I received from forum members during my restoration and conversion.

This is a quality restoration with a first class electric conversion. The car was completely disassembled, all rust treated with POR-15 then painted. Brakes, bearings, fluids all changed. Tires have 14,000 miles, paint is new, all electrical items work, Sony radio/CD. Targa top painted body color, Bahia Red.

Charge this car anywhere: home 15 amp plug, Clothes Dryer type plug, public EV charging stations, welder plug, RV parks, Etc, Etc. On-board charger will automatically accept any voltage. If you can plug it in it will charge. Max 6 hours at 240 volts even if completely empty. Usually 2-3 hours after a normal day of driving. All charging adapters included. Never have to stop and waist time at a gas station again. You leave your home every morning with a full tank! Full charge costs only about $3.

Asking price is $21,000. I will provide a complete checkout/explanation and provide my cell phone number for technical support after the sale. The car is located in Ft Myers, Florida. I will arrange shipment anywhere in US for cost or deliver free to anywhere in South Florida.

This is one fun car. We get stopped with complements and/or questions every time we use it. With both trunks available you can use this car for any around town trips, grocery shopping, dinner dates, country drives, etc.

Jim
Montreal914
Seems like a nice car. smile.gif

Add as many pictures as you can especially for this conversion car.

GLWTS
jtg
Here's a link with additional information: http://www.evalbum.com/3439

I'll post more photos here later. Thanks!

Jim
jtg
[/b] I did the conversion and restoration myself in 2010. Restoration took about 9 months and the electrical conversion about 3. We used first class components. The car is sound, no rust now, works reliably. The paint is in very good condition. Everything works on the car, headlights, wipers, targa top, brakes, etc. Now over 14,000 miles since restoration. I will supply a year of telephone technical support with the sale. I drive the car regularly over 100 miles between charges. The battery manufacturer claimed that they were good for 3000-5000 charging cycles. If you multiply 3000 times 100 miles you get 300,000 miles of battery life. Should be enough.

Some more photos:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Original gas gauge converted to warning lights and battery monitoring. There is a large red warning light ("energy critical") that comes on
when you have 20 miles left. There are eight different display options on the lower "Dilithium Level" display and it's more accurate than a normal
"gas" gauge. All lights are dark if everything is normal. The electric motor model is a Netgain Warp 9. It's one of the most popular type for electric car
conversions. What other car has a Warp Core Overheat light?

Click to view attachment

Jim
matthepcat
Cool car bump.

Would be fun to take it the performance direction rather than green direction with some flares, larger rubber and a heavy duty clutch for some massive acceleration.

jtg
Motor and transmission before installation. Transmission core overhauled by Dr. Evil. Blue tape was temporary to keep dust out of motor during construction. Large PVC sheet smoothing airflow under motor area was added later. All electronic areas protected from normal driving in rain/snow.

Click to view attachment
mr2by4
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 1 2015, 02:58 PM) *

Cool car bump.

Would be fun to take it the performance direction rather than green direction with some flares, larger rubber and a heavy duty clutch for some massive acceleration.

You would probably also want to mount those battery arrays lower in the car if you wanted it to handle. As it is, the main array looks pretty high above the beltline.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.