Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 GT T Shirts for Kids Kart Fund
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Tbone425
So the sons want to buy a racing kart, I told them I would match what they can save and earn. Which led to this fine t-shirt and the chance for the boys to learn about earning something….

Some of you may know us from Pelican, we just purchased a great 1971 Tangerine 914 from another member and are just getting started in this community. I was hesitant to post over here because we just got the car and have not been very active here yet. But another member urged me to post it here as well.

My oldest came home from his buddies house the other day and asked if we were poor, an odd question for an 8 year old. My response was “It’s all relative”. Turns out that his friend’s dad introduced the moniker ‘Poor man’s Porsche’ to my son when he was telling his friend how cool it looked. Not surprising for a guy who doesn’t even respect his car enough to give it a bath every now and again.

So after sitting my kids down and explaining the difference between people who buy cars for how they make them feel, rather than how they make other people feel, I asked if they felt poor to have such a car. The response. "We should have lots of poor man's sports cars". So what started as a slight turned into a message.

My oldest made the graphic, my youngest filled it in and I helped with the set-up. They are asking $22 including shipping and Paypal fees. We can have them done in men’s or women’s. The shirts are high-quality and extremely soft blend material. We can do Black, Grey, Asphalt (darker grey), White. The Graphic can be Black, White, Green, Red, Yellow.

If ordering please let us know, Color of shirt, Color of Graphic, mens or womens and size. Men’s go up to 3X, Women’s run a bit small (so a Medium should be ordered as a Large). Also, if you would like to include your business name or allow us to use your name, we are going to line the lower portion on their kart's (in Martini colors, of course) rockers with “Thanks To’s”.

(My personal favorite is the lighter grey with black graphic)

Thanks,
The Taylor Boys

Paypal is cataylor100@gmail.com. Please put size, colors, address and mens or women's. Again, thanks so much for all the support. The boys called me after school at my office 3 times trying to get updates. They are thrilled at the response.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Nice looking shirt. Men's XL in grey with black graphics. I will PP the money now.
oldschool
QUOTE(Tbone425 @ Sep 11 2015, 08:48 PM) *

So the sons want to buy a racing kart, I told them I would match what they can save and earn. Which led to this fine t-shirt and the chance for the boys to learn about earning something….

Some of you may know us from Pelican, we just purchased a great 1971 Tangerine 914 from another member and are just getting started in this community. I was hesitant to post over here because we just got the car and have not been very active here yet. But another member urged me to post it here as well.

My oldest came home from his buddies house the other day and asked if we were poor, an odd question for an 8 year old. My response was “It’s all relative”. Turns out that his friend’s dad introduced the moniker ‘Poor man’s Porsche’ to my son when he was telling his friend how cool it looked. Not surprising for a guy who doesn’t even respect his car enough to give it a bath every now and again.

So after sitting my kids down and explaining the difference between people who buy cars for how they make them feel, rather than how they make other people feel, I asked if they felt poor to have such a car. The response. "We should have lots of poor man's sports cars". So what started as a slight turned into a message.

My oldest made the graphic, my youngest filled it in and I helped with the set-up. They are asking $22 including shipping and Paypal fees. We can have them done in men’s or women’s. The shirts are high-quality and extremely soft blend material. We can do Black, Grey, Asphalt (darker grey), White. The Graphic can be Black, White, Green, Red, Yellow.

If ordering please let us know, Color of shirt, Color of Graphic, mens or womens and size. Men’s go up to 3X, Women’s run a bit small (so a Medium should be ordered as a Large). Also, if you would like to include your business name or allow us to use your name, we are going to line the lower portion on their kart's (in Martini colors, of course) rockers with “Thanks To’s”.

(My personal favorite is the lighter grey with black graphic)

Thanks,
The Taylor Boys

Paypal is cataylor100@gmail.com. Please put size, colors, address and mens or women's. Again, thanks so much for all the support. The boys called me after school at my office 3 times trying to get updates. They are thrilled at the response.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

welcome.png ....
euro911
Funny, I was going to install an extra 'O' on the engine lid grille (before I decided to not install any lettering at all)

POORSCHE

I'm in, maybe one for my wife too cheer.gif ... I'll show her this in the morning so we can decide on the options.
Tbone425
Thanks Fellas! Should start seeing them show up at your places by weeks end. And again, thanks so much for the support in this lesson/endeavor.
mbseto
QUOTE(Tbone425 @ Sep 11 2015, 11:48 PM) *

"We should have lots of poor man's sports cars".

This is freakin' awesome. Well done.
jeff
What size kart & engine are you looking at? Generally speaking 5-8yr old= 50cc,8-12 yr olds = 80cc 13-16 hr olds = 100cc /125 restricted 16-32yr old= 125cc ,125 shifters...
Tbone425
QUOTE(jeff @ Sep 14 2015, 06:45 PM) *

What size kart & engine are you looking at? Generally speaking 5-8yr old= 50cc,8-12 yr olds = 80cc 13-16 hr olds = 100cc /125 restricted 16-32yr old= 125cc ,125 shifters...

Low end...my youngest will be 8 in March and is a bit thin/light. Should work out because my oldest will be 9 in Dec and is a bit more on the cautious side. These two would go to K1 everyday if I let them. We have a cousin who knows Karting. He and his family will be out for the holidays and he is going to give me/us a rundown. He said used equipment is the way to start and on the lower end it's usually in pretty good shape due to the transient nature of their drivers moving up in size. I have to say, I knew it was big but the level of equipment and technology available was still surprising
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.