Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who makes the best replacement sheet metal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VZ935
I am restoring a factory 1970 6 and I have it down to its skivvies and it needs some sheet metal work. Who has the best quality floor pan sheet metal for these cars ?

Appreciate any insight
Old Yella
If its not NOS factory then Restoration Design hands down.
Ian Stott
Restoration design. I have purchased stuff from them and my body an who is very picky even commented on the quality and the precision of the fit. Peter from RD was my bench partner at a Dr. evil transmission clinic, great guy and very particular about everything he did. Check out their website.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
JoeDees
RESTORATION DESIGN without a doubt.

I grew up helping my dad overhaul VWs, and I've fixed multiple bugs and buses as an adult since then, I've helped restore an old CJ Jeep, a Triumph Spitfire, an old Datsun, and an old mustang; and never in my life have I seen anything even close to the metal quality as the parts I got from Restoration Design. I may even venture to say that the RD metal is better than the stuff that came on the car from the factory...
wes
I bought from Restoration Design the hell hole sheet metal and it was a perfect fit!
colingreene
I agree, they are a fantastic group of people to work with.
bdstone914

What sheet metal sections do you need? Some are not available and have to come from donor cars.

Bruce
peteyd
Thanks a lot for all the praise boys! We strive to make the best parts we can, and when I hear you are all happy with it that makes us happy. Even hearing the body guys opinion is nice too.

Pete
Dario
I too am restoring a 914-6 and have found their parts the best fit.. Does anyone know a good bodyshop in South Florida.
Thanks
And good luck with your project
dr914@autoatlanta.com
kirk schueman automotivation is in georgia but really talented and has a bunch of 914 and 914-6 cars in his shop including some very famous ones 770 877 5743
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.