Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swaybar removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
How do I remove the swaybar once I removed all the bolts and drop links. Doesn't seem like the ends will slide out from the triangle bushings.
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 12 2015, 03:16 PM) *

How do I remove the swaybar once I removed all the bolts and drop links. Doesn't seem like the ends will slide out from the triangle bushings.

I am assuming you are talking about an original sway bar for the front. You have to pull the triangle plate off and the bushing out. The bushing is split so it will come out. You only have to take it out of one side. I have seen people drive the whole bar out one side. And I have also seen people just work the bushing/traingle plate off. I think the latter is the way to go.
sfrenck
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 12 2015, 03:16 PM) *

Think I used a BFH to hit it from one side into the tank area, then pulled it out the same side (lifted and pulled).
toolguy
remove the rubber bushings that are stuck in the mount then the bar should pull straight out of either side. . may need some rubber lube and a mallet
mepstein
I think the bushing is rock hard from age. I'll go medieval on it. Thanks
GaroldShaffer
Apply a little heat to cover over the bushing then take a flat
Screw driver and pry the cover off.
john77
I used a big ass rubber mallet on mine. Not sure if it's a common problem, but I took mine out to replace the bushings and it was a real pita to get back through both holes. In the end I tied a piece of wire through the cotter pin hole and pulled it back through the hole instead of trying to push it. This was with a weltmeister 22mm bar, not the factory one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.