Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 904 fiberglass shell for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
mepstein
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jan 25 2020, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 18 2020, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(David.laRuse @ Jan 18 2020, 12:28 PM) *

These fiberglass parts appear to be made at different times, different color, are they able to match up without fabricating? Do they all fit together? David.

I don't know the history of the parts. They came to us with a bunch of other parts when we bought out a shop. The yellow rear end is a very different weight of fiberglass than the rest (heavy). It's not a weekend, snap together kit but it wasn't priced that way either when I sold it a couple years ago. I wasn't able to convince my wife that it would make good yard art. It should make a fun project for someone, especially if more 904 parts have been collected.

I know you said it is thought to be an older Gunnar Racing body and had no paperwork, so this is most likely a stupid question, but does that mean they are replica and not made by Porsche? Or any idea on how to tell if it's replica or not. Thanks for your time.
- Kelsie

Yes, it's a replica. Porsche made a limited amount of real 904's and they now sell for $1million +.
iamchappy
QUOTE(David.laRuse @ Jan 26 2020, 09:20 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jan 25 2020, 12:34 PM) *

These fiberglass parts appear to be made at different times, different color, are they able to match up without fabricating? Do they all fit together? David.

I don't know the history of the parts. They came to us with a bunch of other parts when we bought out a shop. The yellow rear end is a very different weight of fiberglass than the rest (heavy). It's not a weekend, snap together kit but it wasn't priced that way either when I sold it a couple years ago. I wasn't able to convince my wife that it would make good yard art. It should make a fun project for someone, especially if more 904 parts have been collected.

I know you said it is thought to be an older Gunnar Racing body and had no paperwork, so this is most likely a stupid question, but does that mean they are replica and not made by Porsche? Or any idea on how to tell if it's replica or not. Thanks for your time.
- Kelsie
Kelsie, The Guy you might want to talk to is Chuck Beck, He is very approachable and very knowledgable. Google Chuck Beck, Beck 550 Spyder and you should find his Phone #. He can answer all your questions and you can trust his answers. David la Ruse.

Kelsie, Paul had conversations with Beck he will remember him as your dad made some tail lights for his cars.
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 26 2020, 07:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jan 25 2020, 03:34 PM) *

- Kelsie

Yes, it's a replica. Porsche made a limited amount of real 904's and they now sell for $1million +.

Makes sense! Thanks for clarifying that for me. -Kelsie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.