Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Push Clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom73
The rubber coated push clips that hold the rear grill and PORSCHE letters on to the grill, anyone got a good source for replacements. Have checked one of the 914 vendors and they are $2.40 each (uses 26 of them).

tom...
jwalters
QUOTE (Tom73 @ Mar 4 2005, 06:11 PM)
The rubber coated push clips that hold the rear grill and PORSCHE letters on to the grill, anyone got a good source for replacements. Have checked on the 914 vendors and they are $2.40 each (uses 26 of them).

tom...

biggrin.gif If you have a lowes building center nearby they sell them---in the hdwr department in the specialty bins--that were i got mine from--12 cents each--- smilie_pokal.gif
Tom73
QUOTE (jwalters @ Mar 4 2005, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (Tom73 @ Mar 4 2005, 06:11 PM)
The rubber coated push clips that hold the rear grill and PORSCHE letters on to the grill, anyone got a good source for replacements.  Have checked on the 914 vendors and they are $2.40 each (uses 26 of them).

tom...

biggrin.gif If you have a lowes building center nearby they sell them---in the hdwr department in the specialty bins--that were i got mine from--12 cents each--- smilie_pokal.gif

Would you have a part number? I just came from Lowes about 30 minutes ago. The staff there did not know of them. With a number they may be able to order if they don't stock.

tom...
jwalters
Sorry no--no part number--but they have them--if they keep the stock up--they should be clearly marked in the specialty fasteners plastic bins--you may have to poke around a little in the drawers to find them....
jwalters
I used the quick turn nuts and really small grommet that went inside the nuts--just like many stocker cars had
Tom73
QUOTE (jwalters @ Mar 4 2005, 03:27 PM)
I used the quick turn nuts and really small grommet that went inside the nuts--just like many stocker cars had

Now I'm confused, and in my case that happens very easily smile.gif

What you got at Lowes, was it the rubber coated push clip or a quick turn nuts and really small grommet?

tom...
jwalters
biggrin.gif YEA--thats it!

J/K

Your choice--they have them both--I like the nuts cause they stay there with the tension--the rubber fills the gap and gives vibration dampning
Spoke
I couldn't find the push clips so I went to the hardware store and got a die that just fit on the studs of the PORSCHE letters, and threaded the studs. I painted regular steel nuts black and mounted the letters. Same with the grill, except I didn't thread them, just screwed on the nuts.

Spoke
DonTraver
Go to a paint and body supply store. You can get packs of them, usually 15 to 20 per pack for about $2-3. Look on the carasel (sp) thingy.

Later, Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.