Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Riviera wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RUSTIC
Set of Riviera wheels the only numbers I can find are PE 2141 on back spoke anyone know what year or offset 150.00 .
Tom_T
By the smooth rims they're the early original Rivieras (no lip for weights - originals require sticky wts. to balance like the 2L Fuchs - preferably on the back/inside), but I can't tell if they're polished or brushed aluminum.

Look for ET40 on the back to see if they're the 914 offset, or ETxx for VW or other.

If VW offset, put them on TheSamba.com under 60s-70s VWs Bugs.

If ET40 put them here (Samba also has a Porsche section).

I've seen these from $100 for 4 in shoddy shape to $300-350 in really good shape (no idea what they sold for on those ads tho). Repops don't sell for as much.

If you also have the chrome-plastic cone center caps with the reversed lower case "r" logo, then that would help the sale.

Yours are between that & closer to the good end, but you should probably touch-up the black paint or do a full respray of it & polish or brush out the aluminum finish if you want top $$.

PS - those would be 1970-era (1970-78~80+/- - mine in avatar are 1972 in brushed & with the r/r center caps....but old & in need of refurb).
IIRC the repops came out in 78-82-ish, after the originals stopped production.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
tgranger3
PM send
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.