Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: honey it was on sale!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wdunster
Okay so this is one of those things I really didn't need but would be totally stupid not to get it. 1973 fairly complete and original exept for the engine. Was a 1.7 car but now has a Raby 2100 engine with carbs. Frame rail is solid (at least it seems to be) pans good but needs some work in the engine compartment. Slight damage on the right front that was repaired that has to be re-repaired. Came with a boat load of parts including an extra set of riviera wheels with new tires. I wish I could keep it but I have too many now. Plan on repairing, refreshing and reselling.
Mblizzard
I like! Quick question. Not suggesting that it's not a Raby engine in any way but I was wondering if there was a way to easily identify a Raby engine? Just wondering.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 13 2015, 10:16 PM) *

I like! Quick question. Not suggesting that it's not a Raby engine in any way but I was wondering if there was a way to easily identify a Raby engine? Just wondering.

If it was built by Jake the engine serial will have been changed to a unique Raby serial number.

driving.gif
Wdunster
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 13 2015, 10:18 PM) *

If it was built by Jake the engine serial will have been changed to a unique Raby serial number.

driving.gif

I will have to look for that. I got a Raby booklet with the Dyno and blue printing info with it.
Wdunster
QUOTE(Wdunster @ Sep 13 2015, 10:35 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 13 2015, 10:18 PM) *

driving.gif

I will have to look for that. I got a Raby booklet with the Dyno and blue printing info with it.

Where would I look for the Raby number?
Wdunster
I looked at the engine and it has a stamped on the bell housing side "RAT 2003" looking at the book that came with the engine it was built in 2003. No serial number though.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Wdunster @ Sep 13 2015, 10:38 PM) *
Where would I look for the Raby number?

Hmm, not sure. Maybe that is what I was thinking of confused24.gif
I'll ask Jake and see what he says.

driving.gif
Jake Raby
If it's mine, it will have a RAT serial number. Look in the two factory locations, or at the top of the case between case halves at the bellhouse. This will match my ledger by the original purchasers name.
Wdunster
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 14 2015, 09:03 AM) *

If it's mine, it will have a RAT serial number. Look in the two factory locations, or at the top of the case between case halves at the bellhouse. This will match my ledger by the original purchasers name.

Thanks Jake!
Wdunster
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 14 2015, 09:03 AM) *

There is no additions to the engine case number just the RAT 2003 @ transmission end. Please see image below.
Thanks
Bill
era vulgaris
Nice car! Did you find it here in NC?
Wdunster
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Sep 14 2015, 11:21 PM) *

I did. It has been sitting a while in a storage building. It at one time belonged to a customer and fellow PCA member Hal Micheal. There was a good bit of parts with it If you know anyone that needs some.
You going to Okteenerfest?
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Wdunster @ Sep 14 2015, 11:30 PM) *

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Sep 14 2015, 11:21 PM) *

I did. It has been sitting a while in a storage building. It at one time belonged to a customer and fellow PCA member Hal Micheal. There was a good bit of parts with it If you know anyone that needs some.
You going to Okteenerfest?

Unfortunately I'm not. I'm in the middle of selling my house and buying another one. Too much going on to take off for a few days right now.

Sending you a PM about parts.
Jake Raby
The rest of the number is under the tin. I can tell enough about it to know where it went originally. Thats the real thing.
Wdunster
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 15 2015, 01:19 AM) *

The rest of the number is under the tin. I can tell enough about it to know where it went originally. Thats the real thing.

Thank you sir.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.