Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 1.7 driver for sale-Sold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
MrLeeS
Selling for a friend. This was bought to be converted to a driver/track ca by a friend. He ended up finding a 74 2.0 to work with so this one is up for sale.

It is a 73 appearance group car with a 1.7. The car is still fuel injected and still has all of the a/c stuff that of course doesn't work. The car is quite solid. It is a New Mexico car. The rust I could find was typical hell hole pitting under the battery tray with the original fuel pump location pretty bad. Nothing structural though. The battery tray is solid and no damage to anything else I could see. The drivers rocker is great, there is some rust in the passenger jack point from the drain getting plugged up. Jack point is fine and supports the car and the rocker is fine.

The car runs great, a bit rough on warm up, but excellent once warm. I think the 7300' altitude here has a bit to do with that. I replaced all vacuum lines and all fuel injector seals. The car has had the valves adjusted and oil changed, plugs checked. I've driven the car about 80 miles from 35-80 mph and it runs excellent. The trans has the typical downshift into 1st issue. Otherwise all shifting is smooth and flawless.

The itnerior is in good shape. The back pad and passenger seat are great. Driver seat has a small hole and a small worn spot on the bolster. All gauges work (not sure about the clock). Carpet is in good shape.

The brakes are good. I replaced the rear rubber lines and pads and flushed the fluid.

I went over the tins and made sure all heater tin is in place without air leaks and the heat works fine.

Electrics all appear to work minus the front air fan and rear heater booster fan.

Forgot to mention, common rust in rear trunk. I've wire brushed and treated it. I don't want to paint it in order to prevent the appearance of trying to conceal it.

This car is a great driver ready to go. Pick it up and drive it home.

I have 47 pictures of the car and areas of interest on photobucket. Once I get away from this stupid iPad ill get a link posted.

Asking $6500 obo
RFoulds
Interested. Pics I would need, you probably already have. color code? is motor original?

email or PM. randyfoulds@gmail.com
MrLeeS
Link to pictures

http://s52.photobucket.com/user/Leestauff/...20Porsche%20914

MrLeeS
Sale pending
MrLeeS
Buyers wife got a job offer in Utah. So he has re prioritized. Offered for sale again.
MrLeeS
Sold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.