Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 1973 Porsche 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlippinEh
Hi everyone!

I recently acquired a 914 that has been stripped down as if it was being prepped to restore. It definitely needs a lot of work but it does run which is great and I can only see 22,000 miles on the odometer.

I'll be frequenting this forum hoping for some advise from those who know a lot more bout this car than I.

My first question is that it is missing a cap on the engine. It's not the oil cap (see pic) and I have no clue how to describe this in a search on eBay to get the right cap. Everything I search results in the oil cap.

Can anyone let me know what this is and where to get one?

TIA!

SLITS
Post a "Want to Buy" in the Classifieds.

It's the timing hole cover on a Type 4 engine.
76-914
Bdstone on this site has one. It is a timing hole cover. welcome.png
FlippinEh
Wow! Thanks for the fast reply! That's awesome!
MikeM
Welcome. Where in Alberta are you? There are several of us in Calgary, 3 of us in the same area. Lets see some photos!!!
Mike
FlippinEh
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 14 2015, 08:12 AM) *

Bdstone on this site has one. It is a timing hole cover. welcome.png

Thank's for the lead. I have sent him an email smile.gif
FlippinEh
QUOTE(MikeM @ Sep 14 2015, 08:33 AM) *

Welcome. Where in Alberta are you? There are several of us in Calgary, 3 of us in the same area. Lets see some photos!!!
Mike

I live in Airdrie. The car is pretty rough but I think it can be fixed. Of course I am here for expert opinions wink.gif
MikeM
3 of us are in the north end of Calgary. Good luck with your project!!
Mike
FlippinEh
QUOTE(MikeM @ Sep 14 2015, 08:48 AM) *

3 of us are in the north end of Calgary. Good luck with your project!!
Mike

Thanks Mike. We're pretty happy that is runs smile.gif Needs a front bumper and passenger side fender. Has rust and all that but I've seen a lot worse on YouTube!
FlippinEh
Another pic.
MikeM
We'll have to meet up sometime.
Mike
MikeM
QUOTE(MikeM @ Sep 14 2015, 09:14 AM) *

Mike

Click to view attachment
FlippinEh
QUOTE(MikeM @ Sep 14 2015, 09:16 AM) *

QUOTE(MikeM @ Sep 14 2015, 09:14 AM) *

Mike

Click to view attachment

For sure! Your's looks amazing! Do you have any parts lol
MikeM
We are parts hoarders. I don't personally have any body parts but I can check with the guys about a bumper and fender.
Mike
FlippinEh
QUOTE(MikeM @ Sep 14 2015, 09:25 AM) *

We are parts hoarders. I don't personally have any body parts but I can check with the guys about a bumper and fender.
Mike

Yea I'd be a part hoarder too I guess wink.gif
Beakster
I'm in the S.W. of Calgary .. I'm New to the 914 World too.. going from 911's to 914's is a learning curve BUT just as fun .. I just bought my Project 73 914 Chalon 2.0 and have just started on the garthering of the parts needed .. welcome.png
FlippinEh
QUOTE(Beakster @ Sep 14 2015, 09:41 AM) *

I'm in the S.W. of Calgary .. I'm New to the 914 World too.. going from 911's to 914's is a learning curve BUT just as fun .. I just bought my Project 73 914 Chalon 2.0 and have just started on the garthering of the parts needed .. welcome.png

This is actually my first ever Porsche so will be a huge learning experience! Do you have a pic of yours?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.