Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 ignition lock issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Given the current status with Tweet ( Dan ) Michael and I are expecting to have to replace his whole lock setup. What I/we need to know, is a 911 ignition the same as the -06 ignition ?

For some reason I am thinking there is a length difference between the 2 ( steering column lock length ) but am not positive. I have several 911 ignitions of various years here, but do not have Michaels, or any other -6 ignitions to compare them to. sad.gif
Cairo94507
I have to admit to being very disappointed Tweet is MIA so far. Thanks to Scotty for helping out with this speed bump.
rhodyguy
Might be time to resort to plan 'B'.
scotty b
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 14 2015, 08:04 AM) *

Might be time to resort to plan 'B'.

Not if by plan "B" you mean baseball bat..... dry.gif

Let's not go into the mob mentality with no knowledge of what is going on. Dan has a good reputation, and it is looking like something may be seriously wrong on his end. These locks, while important to the car, are not more important than someones well being. SOoooo can we keep this thread about the original question please ?
Cairo94507
OK - I am HAPPY to report I have heard from Dan's wife and my parts are safe and secure. Dan is well.

I am just greatly relieved Dan is OK and I will keep his wife in my prayers.

Thanks for all of the offers for replacement parts and assistance. I wish the Romans the best.
Michael
rgalla9146
Scotty,
You are right about a difference but it is not length.
The 911 ignition lock has a boss with a recess to locate the deadbolt at the column.
Attached are some pics to illustrate the difference.
A 911 ignition lock can easily be used in a stock 6 column if you remove the boss.
Someone should stamp a piece to weld into 4 cyl. dashes to imitate the shape of the six ignition switch area.
The last pic shows an filthy paper sticker on an 911 lock.
If you find one that has no key but a sticker that is legible, a key can be made from the code on the sticker.
rhodyguy
Oh, plan "b" had absolutely nothing to do with anything related to bats or mob mentality. Reference to a pm I sent to Michael.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 14 2015, 12:08 PM) *

Let's not go into the mob mentality with no knowledge of what is going on.

Forgive me Scotty, it's one of my favorite tunes & I couldn't resist aktion035.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq6FcQJPXL0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.