Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Scheel seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cgnj
While shopping an Audi Q200 estates car, I noticed this in the corner. Short of bringing a 914 in for a test fit, How can I confirm that it is a 914 seat?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Looks pretty wide.
rjames
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 14 2015, 09:11 AM) *

Looks pretty wide.

agree.gif
Maybe it's just the angle though?
rhodyguy
No need to take the 914. Just take a seat to compare. Don't forget to check the seat rails too.
JmuRiz
Adjustment handle looks more 911 to me. Best way to see with the Scheels are by looking at the headrest, but that won't help you in this case.

If it's a 911 seat...$$$$$
rgalla9146
Does it have receivers for a headrest ?
If not it's earlier than our cars.
Most Scheels for 914s have the headrest built in.
screenguy914
Measure the distance between the mount rails. 914 narrower than 911. Then post the results here. If same as 914, could be as simple as bolting in place or redrill to match.

Sherwood
porschetub
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 15 2015, 06:57 AM) *

100% correct ,it really looks like an early 911 one,hell I would just buy it anyway.....would go like this "how much for that crappy old seat you have over there?" hopefully the owner knows nothing of its value.
The stock 914 seat has runners 360mm apart centre to centre if that helps,cheers.
ChicagoPete
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 14 2015, 01:57 PM) *

914/6 GT Scheels have no accommodations for a headrest.

I am assuming this is a fiberglass seat? Judging from the cutouts for lap belts.

Very valuable...and yes, those are 911 sliders and if they aren't monkey-ed up, worth big money themselves.

Great piece, always good for a flip and buy yourself a nice repro seat for your 914.
914Sixer
I am going out on a limb here but it looks like the 356 speedster version to me. Too short and wide for 911 or 914.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 14 2015, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 15 2015, 06:57 AM) *

100% correct ,it really looks like an early 911 one,hell I would just buy it anyway.....would go like this "how much for that crappy old seat you have over there?" hopefully the owner knows nothing of its value.
The stock 914 seat has runners 360mm apart centre to centre if that helps,cheers.

I was once buying a pile of steel wheels from a guy that he had stacked in a tractor trailer box, at the bottom of the pile was a muddy seat, he said, "take it"

It was a 67S sport seat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.