Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Austin TEXAS Meetup up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
griffindoug
Hey Fellow teeners,

I am in Austin and feel like the only person with a running 914. I was looking to organize a 914 meet up in the coming weeks.

Looking to see if there are any people interested in getting together for a drive. A cars and coffee if you will.

Please reply if you would be interested.

thanks
Doug
Tom_T
Doug,

You might try an informal semi-regular meet-up for cars/coffee/gut-bombs then a group drive in the hill country outside AUS, like some of the SoCal guys do out here. Offer shotgun seats to the guys in the jackstands club (like me) or to tag along with other cars too, so they're not left out.

You've got some great winders & twisties out there! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

I know I've seen other Austin 914ers on here.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
theleschyouknow
I am in fort worth so a regular meet up is probably out but I could probably make an occasional outing depending on schedule.
beerchug.gif
cjl

ps I'd probably be interested in a regular/semi-regular meet up in dfw area if any other locals are into it
cjl
Bob L.
I'm here and interested. I know there are at least a few others. Been thinking about this as well. Mine's not running at the moment - stupid exhaust stud! headbang.gif
griffindoug
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 14 2015, 01:18 PM) *

Doug,

You might try an informal semi-regular meet-up for cars/coffee/gut-bombs then a group drive in the hill country outside AUS, like some of the SoCal guys do out here. Offer shotgun seats to the guys in the jackstands club (like me) or to tag along with other cars too, so they're not left out.

You've got some great winders & twisties out there! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

I know I've seen other Austin 914ers on here.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Great advise Tom Thanks.

From the brief response so far it looks like I am not alone. Looking forward to getting more feedback and seeing if I can start an Austin Group.

Keep the feedback coming guys
jpnovak
We have a group of early 911 owners that drive regularly during the sane temperature months of the year. There are a few 914 owners in the bunch. I sold mine last year.

You are welcome to join us. PM an email and I will add you to the list.

jpnovak
double post
stinkindiesel
I'm in the neighborhood, but unfortunately, so are the jack stands. One of these days I'll get the D-jet issues worked out and be back on the road. Maybe getting together with others will help the motivation...

Gary
rstover
I am in Kerrville and 74 914 is running. It was a victory today when the car passed the state inspection and all legal now. Would be willing to meet sometime if it fit the schedule. I have commitments the first 3 weekends in October.
76-914
I miss Austin sad.gif but still display my "Make Austin Weird" bumper sticker. biggrin.gif Got my first ride in a 914 on a rainy night in 1971. My buddy wanted to show me how fast it could go around corners. Many corners. Damned near shit myself before he let me out. Waco could be a good 1/2 way point for you guys and Waco has twisties too and fantastic country roads west of it. Texas Hill Country would be super in a teener, come Autumn. driving-girl.gif
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 14 2015, 07:36 PM) *

I miss Austin sad.gif but still display my "Make Austin Weird" bumper sticker. biggrin.gif Got my first ride in a 914 on a rainy night in 1971. My buddy wanted to show me how fast it could go around corners. Many corners. Damned near shit myself before he let me out. Waco could be a good 1/2 way point for you guys and Waco has twisties too and fantastic country roads west of it. Texas Hill Country would be super in a teener, come Autumn. driving-girl.gif

they made it weird now the goal is to Keep Austin Weird!
agree an autumn hill country run would be great -can you say Devils backbone?
never really explored west of wacko much but I'd bet you're right

also haven't been in a few years but seems like the run out to the Salt Lick is pretty twisty and the reward... drooley.gif
beerchug.gif
cjl
914Sixer
I am down in Boerne and mine is now a roller with the engine and trans out. I have found additional rust I did not anticipate. Never play with screwdrivers around 914's. I can still meet up though. I know a couple of guys from San Antonio that might tag along too.
rstover
Glad to here Mark. Salt Lick sounds great. There are a lot of great joints in the Hill Country to choose from.
TX914
Hi Doug. I'm here in Austin - NW side. Now that it's cooling down I'll have the 914 out more and could meet up sometime. FM 1431 is a nice ride...
old914dog
QUOTE(TX914 @ Sep 15 2015, 03:54 AM) *

Hi Doug. I'm here in Austin - NW side. Now that it's cooling down I'll have the 914 out more and could meet up sometime. FM 1431 is a nice ride...

Gents,
College Station is not Austin, but it is close!! This weekend at a CVAR
(http://www.corinthianvintagerace.com/) event, there are a half-dozen teeners on the race track. 4 cylinder and up. Admission is silly cheap.
Drive abit East and come to the races.
I do have jack stands and tow straps at the track!!!
Mike
MJHanna
QUOTE(old914dog @ Sep 15 2015, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(TX914 @ Sep 15 2015, 03:54 AM) *

Gents,
College Station is not Austin, but it is close!! This weekend at a CVAR
(http://www.corinthianvintagerace.com/) event, there are a half-dozen teeners on the race track. 4 cylinder and up. Admission is silly cheap.
Drive abit East and come to the races.
I do have jack stands and tow straps at the track!!!
Mike

agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif
There will be some old 911s also running at CVAR. piratenanner.gif
xperu
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 14 2015, 09:03 PM) *

I am down in Boerne and mine is now a roller with the engine and trans out. I have found additional rust I did not anticipate. Never play with screwdrivers around 914's. I can still meet up though. I know a couple of guys from San Antonio that might tag along too.

I went through Boerne a couple of weeks ago on my way to and from California to visit family. I noticed a 914 off I-10 sitting on someone's property, is that yours?
Boerne is a nice place, my wife always want's to stop and look at property.

San Antonio is about three hours from League City/Houston, maybe I can meet up with you guys in the future. Mike
chandler1969
Austin is a great city. Love the food! My dad lives off Research, neighborhood off Angus. Was down there last spring for a few days.
vw505
Im in San Antonio, im just waiting to get texas plates.
Betty
Clay and I would be interesed! We're in the DFW area (it's only 3 hours driving time for us to get to Austin).

We just need to make it through Rennsport V and getting my car back on the road (shouldn't take too long). driving-girl.gif driving.gif
02loftsmoor
let us know in the DFW Metroplex, love to join the party
griffindoug
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Sep 16 2015, 08:23 PM) *

let us know in the DFW Metroplex, love to join the party

bump
914Sixer
I will be out in the shop Saturday disassembling a 2.0L if any one wants to stop by.

134 Stonegate South
Boerne
Right off I-10 exit 543
210-262-4226

ned911
In NW Austin. 914 is running but needs to hit the body shop for surface rust and paint. Have a '72 911 in the same condition - too many projects.

Depending on the weekend I'm always good for a meet-up or drive.

Ned
bandjoey
Would like to but not until Nov. Sorry.
rstover
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 22 2015, 09:39 PM) *

I will be out in the shop Saturday disassembling a 2.0L if any one wants to stop by.

134 Stonegate South
Boerne
Right off I-10 exit 543
210-262-4226

I will try and stop by at about 10:30
914Sixer
A few people showed up the for gathering this morning. Michael came over from San Antonio and Roger came down from Kerville with his original Bumblebee. Did not get any real engine work done when they showed up. We all had a good visit and looked over the BB.
vw505
I wish I would have seen this all i did today was mow the lawn.
71914-4
I live in Copperas Cove (Ft. Hood area) and just purchased a '71 914, in the shop for a few minor issues. Would like to make your next gathering.

Email - evanbarton3@gmail
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome to the 914 world Evan. You should start a new owner thread and get a proper welcoming.
TheCabinetmaker
Don't forget the pictures.
PittsM12
Sorry I missed the meet-up. I live in Austin, but have been traveling. Next time! Own a 1971 GT conversion. A rolling project that is fun to drive now that the weather is cooler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.