Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift rod for -6 with headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
My shift rod has been modified by the PO and is largely straight until it gets near the g/box,the welding leaves a bit to be desired so I would like to tidy it up,but first I need to know if it's correct.

My exhaust set up as purchased from PO.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanks.

bcheney
QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 15 2015, 04:27 AM) *

My shift rod has been modified by the PO and is largely straight until it gets near the g/box,the welding leaves a bit to be desired so I would like to tidy it up,but first I need to know if it's correct.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanks.

Rich Johnson modified mine. Here is what it looks like. I have a side shifter with MSDS type headers. Rich has done many of these and will be a great source of information to help you. You can email him : a914guy@aol.com or you can find him in our Vendor Forum and send a (PM) private message
gereed75
I have the same (or similar) headers and identical setup (side shifter). I believe that my shift rod is a straight tube with no coupler at the back. I will check this afternoon to verify.

Sweet looking car !!
Dave_Darling
Does what you currently have work with your current setup? If so, make a jig from it so you can get everything back in that place, and re-weld using the jig. Don't try to re-invent the wheel.

--DD
porschetub
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 16 2015, 03:14 AM) *

Does what you currently have work with your current setup? If so, make a jig from it so you can get everything back in that place, and re-weld using the jig. Don't try to re-invent the wheel.

--DD

The hoist pic is taken when the PO had his 3.0 in there,the rod was never fitted as you can see,I have seen a pic of one of Brads (914ltd) and its straight ???.
The path from the tunnel rod to the gearbox is anything but straight so I'am thinking the offsets are required,I could bend the offsets into mine but it will then be too short....what to do?.

porschetub
QUOTE(bcheney @ Sep 15 2015, 10:11 PM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 15 2015, 04:27 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thanks.

Rich Johnson modified mine. Here is what it looks like. I have a side shifter with MSDS type headers. Rich has done many of these and will be a great source of information to help you. You can email him : a914guy@aol.com or you can find him in our Vendor Forum and send a (PM) private message

Thanks ,that's the pic I was looking for, now that I have the length I've got something to go on.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.