Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks for the recommendation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
Thanks to those of you at the breakfast for recommending Custom Alignment. These guys exuded profesionalism and competency. Just got my 914 back and all i can say is WOW!!!

so THIS is how a 914 should handle!! totally stable, glued to the road, grounded.... i think this alignment is the best "upgrade" i could have done for the car (and, given the current state of my bank account, probably the last for some time sad.gif ).

again, thanks for the rec

nathan
914Timo
Great !! Sounds good and something I should do too.

Could you share with us some numbers and info? I am sorry I dont remember, but what kind of 914 do you have. Six or four? Any modifications ?
nebreitling
it's a 75 2.0, stock (new bushings, ball joints, tires) we set it up for a hi-performance street. there are more aggressive setups, but this is my grocery-getter too. this is also set up with my weight in the drivers seat (a whopping 150lbs). here's some specs:

FRONT (left; right)

caster: (5.4; 5.8)
camber: (-1.1; -1.1)
toe: (1/16"; 1/16")

REAR

camber: (-.9; -.9)
toe: (1/16"; 1/16")
thrust: 0

2ndary angles:

SAI: (11.1; 11.9)
IA: (10.0; 10.8)

specs look good?

n smilie_wirdgut.gif
914Timo
Yes, they looks very good. Thanks for posting them. I think I will copy them.....
nebreitling
you're in helsinki? how many 914's are in the country?

i spent a summer in helsinki a few years ago. good memories...
Jeffs9146
Anyone know the address and phone number for Custom Alignment??

Jeff
nebreitling
you bet,

2599 Wyandotte St
Mountain View, CA 94043

650 961 5311

cheers

beerchug.gif

nathan
Jeffs9146
Thanks!!

Jeff
Brad Roberts
Jeff..

take your car to Roger Krause. Much closer to you (right off of 580 in Castro Valley) Brandon Krause does all the alignments and race car setups. Tell him (Brad the 914 guy sent you and he will cut you some slack pricing wise for alignment and corner weighting)

B
JeffBowlsby
the single best upgrade?

I thought it had to do something with a new wiring harness... cool.gif
Jeffs9146
Brad,

Do you have Roger Krauses phone number?

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.