Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 914 2.0 on ebay - does anyone know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
hotlanta914
Greetings All,

I have seen this car a couple of times on ebay - http://r.ebay.com/NSILit
I have not gotten any feedback from the owner yet - looks solid, but the description does not give much insight. Does anyone know the condition or background of this car?

Thank you,
Mike Fitton
I think Garold went and looked at this car. Garold?
Cairo94507
Seems like a nice car. Was the car originally red? I wish sellers would post pictures of the underside and the areas we all know are prone to rust. I can't stand the canned Porsche description about 914's. Two sentences about the car and that is the history provided. We need more info.....
rhodyguy
Exactly.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Sep 15 2015, 06:28 PM) *

I will just say it is not a $10K car. Brakes are soft, has some rust in rear floor pan, battery relocated to rear trunk, hell hole has been repaired but engine shelf needs work, paint is a 10 footer, front bumper has rust issues behind the bumper guards, rear bumper pad is junk. Passenger side speaker pod broken, missing some rubber seals, seat belt buzzer stays on all the time unless seat belts are buckled. It drove and shifted ok, but we didn't take it on the highway.

The seller is a nice enough guy. I didn't feel that he is trying to scam anyone. I think he really feels it is a $15k car, but not in my book.

That is my 2 cents. If you are truly interested then make the drive, plane ride..... out to see it. NEVER buy a car without looking at it OR having someone that knows 914s look at it.

hotlanta914 feel free to PM me if you want more details or give me a call anytime before 9pm central time. 219-730-9205

beer.gif
hotlanta914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Sep 16 2015, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Sep 15 2015, 06:28 PM) *

I will just say it is not a $10K car. Brakes are soft, has some rust in rear floor pan, battery relocated to rear trunk, hell hole has been repaired but engine shelf needs work, paint is a 10 footer, front bumper has rust issues behind the bumper guards, rear bumper pad is junk. Passenger side speaker pod broken, missing some rubber seals, seat belt buzzer stays on all the time unless seat belts are buckled. It drove and shifted ok, but we didn't take it on the highway.

The seller is a nice enough guy. I didn't feel that he is trying to scam anyone. I think he really feels it is a $15k car, but not in my book.

That is my 2 cents. If you are truly interested then make the drive, plane ride..... out to see it. NEVER buy a car without looking at it OR having someone that knows 914s look at it.

hotlanta914 feel free to PM me if you want more details or give me a call anytime before 9pm central time. 219-730-9205

beer.gif

Much appreciated Garold. I have purchased several 914s online and I have learned the hard way. I felt that there was something a little out of sorts on this one. I will call you today.

Thank you,

Brian
enf2232
If anyone goes to look at it I would like to tag along to learn what kind of things to look for. In Toledo, about 1.5 hour away.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(enf2232 @ Sep 16 2015, 08:53 PM) *

If anyone goes to look at it I would like to tag along to learn what kind of things to look for. In Toledo, about 1.5 hour away.

Take the drive and see for yourself. Look at my post above and you will see all the things I pointed out. Like I said the car is not junk and the seller isn't trying to scam anyone, but is not a $10K+ car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.