Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neo914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
John Kelly can provide the tech details or you can wait for the video. Here are a few: The wheel opening form is 3/8"square stock. The piece above the rocker is 1/2"X1/4" flat bar. Sheet metal will be formed and welded on.

Wheels are Porsche 18" x 11" Techno hollow spoke, a 996 option. They are mounted with 3" spacers.

Fronts will be 8" wide and a smaller (pounded) flare.
neo914-6
another...
Andyrew
3in spacers? Wow,

Did you use studs for that wink.gif

Nice! Really looks like its going to be phat! (sorry, appropriate "slang")
neo914-6
Roughly what they will look like (John's first "prototype")

People will disagree but the company who sold them to me ran them on a 996 TT and copied them from factory spacers...
neo914-6
forgot this pic
Trekkor
Great to see that familiar car taking shape.

Good pics.

KT
neo914-6
Great to see that familiar car taking shape.

Ironically, I'm converting f/g parts to metal or c/f. When done the only thing you may recognize is the Smart bar and windshield clips. wacko.gif
nine14cats
Felix,

Those flares are gonna look bad ass!

How's the motor development coming?

Bill P.
neo914-6
How's the motor development coming?

The "cheap" V6 I bought from the east coast is going to cost more to rebuild than a dismantlers price. I should have got an estimate from my mechanic before this purchase. wacko.gif I was hoping it was in better shape and didn't realize how expensive 30 sodium filled valves cost or how much all the missing parts would add up on this bare motor.

Fortunately I found another one that's complete and local that I will check out next weekend. biggrin.gif

I have the Boxster trans and will trial fit them once I get the motor to my place. The B&M cable shifter that came with it is nice and should be easy to mount.
rhodyguy
i missed it. what engine are you going to use that has 5 valves per cylinder?. it's amazing when john starts flowing the metal for the pounded flares. like magic.

k
neo914-6
Current progress takin shape... clap.gif

neo914-6
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 13 2005, 07:17 AM)
i missed it. what engine are you going to use that has 5 valves per cylinder?.

k

Kevin,

Audi, maybe I can use old 924/928 Porsche-Audi logos... laugh.gif

Here's a night shot of the complete engine and the one behind it that became a parts engine:

My first turbo powered car... burnout.gif
Mueller
damn, that is one ugly engine there Felix, it took me a few minutes to figure which end I was looking at smile.gif

I hope you'll be able to remove most of those hoses and wires and whatever is needed for that motor while in the original car.....it will be a quick sucker boldblue.gif
John Kelly
I'll try to get it a little smoother before you get it back Felix (insert smily emoticon).

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
neo914-6
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 7 2005, 02:03 AM)
damn, that is one ugly engine there Felix, it took me a few minutes to figure which end I was looking at smile.gif

I hope you'll be able to remove most of those hoses and wires and whatever is needed for that motor while in the original car.....it will be a quick sucker boldblue.gif

That's what they have covers for... laugh.gif

I even got CF replacements!
freezing14
Are My eyes ok or is that a S4 engine,, in a 914!!!! OMG, thAT thing is going to fly
914werke
2.7 Twin Turbo smilie_pokal.gif w00t.gif pray.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif
freezing14
my daily driver is a 2000 S4 and it flys,, I cantt even imagine the 914 with that engine in it, it is going to be scary,, they should do a AWD part of the conversion ,,,
Dman
I have fantasized about this conversion also while driving my S4.

How much did you pay for the engine? The shape is is perfect short and wide.

How do you plan on dealing with all of the engine managment crap?

Will you finally be able to get rid of the check engine light? wacko.gif

Please keep us up to date.
Series9
Absolutely awesome!

Is this the car where the GT Racing CF decks will live?

Nice f'ing job, Felix!
neo914-6
QUOTE (914RS @ Apr 7 2005, 08:50 AM)
Absolutely awesome!

Is the the car where the GT Racing CF decks will live?

Nice f'ing job, Felix!

The CF hood "should" be on this car but I have design plans that may be difficult to modify in the CF (I will paint them). I really wanted one without headlight notches but they could be part of the inlets for the twin Boxster rad's...

Joe, I appreciate that coming from you. Since there is so much design details that are currently "open" I can't start off as a clean restoration like your RS. I hope I can afford McMarks services after it's running. You and Brant have been very inspiring.
neo914-6
I will post a parent thread with links to all the "parts" of the project after the WCC05. I'm trying to get my old V8 running first...

(I want to keep this thread focused on the body work)
freezing14
where do plan to put the intercooler???
neo914-6
Like Kevin said, John can make that metal flow!
John Kelly
Not that hard to do...in the picture you can see by the reflection that I need to raise up some areas around the lump....part of the fun. The hardest part is making the other side look the same.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
rhodyguy
that "3rd hand" holding the front edge of the fender is too much!!! so cool. smilie_pokal.gif .

k
neo914-6
Almost done! boldblue.gif Here's the left side...
neo914-6
and MATCHING right side! This is where the talent comes in... boldblue.gif
neo914-6
John,

Your cats are eyeing a new home! laugh.gif
nine14cats
Looking good Felix! smilie_pokal.gif

I love the lines of the flares.....keep posting pics as the development continues.

Bill P.
neo914-6
QUOTE (freezing14 @ Apr 7 2005, 09:24 AM)
where do plan to put the intercooler???

In the fender where the flares taper. An intake in the rocker to feed each of them...ideas for now.
neo914-6
Brings tears to me eyes... cool_shades.gif
neo914-6
This is coming together! smilie_pokal.gif

John is pray.gif a metal master. clap.gif
goose2
This is going to be one badass 914...subscribing to this thread now! Nice work!
redshift
ohmy.gif huh.gif

I am going to cry now...

M
tat2dphreak
looking BAD ASS MAN!!
redshift
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 7 2005, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Apr 7 2005, 02:03 AM)

That's what they have covers for... laugh.gif

I even got CF replacements!

CW!

M
MoveQik
I am normally not a fan of flared cars beyond factory looking flares. However, THAT is one badass looking car. beerchug.gif
Dr. Roger
WAAAAAAAA... biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jun 8 2005, 08:34 AM)
I am normally not a fan of flared cars beyond factory looking flares. However, THAT is one badass looking car. beerchug.gif

Michael,

One of the design goals is to make the flares look part of the overall design, not an afterthought (no disrespect to a competition prepped cars). Most of the new Porsches house wide 8", 9", 10", and wider wheels. This "flare" accomplishes that while adding shape to a fairly flat sided car.
Root_Werks
Remind me a little of a 944 flare. Looks great!
brant
really really nice.
what a craftsman!!!

brant
jd74914
I don't know if you have already posted them (I didn't see any though), but what are the front flares going to look like? I really like the rears smilie_pokal.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Jun 8 2005, 05:16 PM)
I don't know if you have already posted them (I didn't see any though), but what are the front flares going to look like? I really like the rears smilie_pokal.gif

HPH f/g for now but the plan is to replace those with a metal fenders hammered out per techniques in John's 1st DVD and this weekend's workshop. A local "experienced" member may be up to the task as I need lots of help to finish this car. Maybe he'll chime in... rolleyes.gif

BTW, the fronts are only 8" wide so it may not need much flare at all. We could also smash.gif the inner wheel well if necessary.

While we collaborated on the design, all kudos go to John. pray.gif Very inspiring, I want most of the car in metal now.
jd74914
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jun 8 2005, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Jun 8 2005, 05:16 PM)

HPH f/g for now but the plan is to replace those with a metal fenders hammered out per techniques in John's 1st DVD and this weekend's workshop. A local "experienced" member may be up to the task as I need lots of help to finish this car. Maybe he'll chime in... rolleyes.gif

BTW, the fronts are only 8" wide so it may not need much flare at all. We could also smash.gif the inner wheel well if necessary.

While we collaborated on the design, all kudos go to John. pray.gif Very inspiring, I want most of the car in metal now.

Ok. That sounds cool. BTW I really really like the new back fenders. John really has alot of skill in the metal shaping department pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.