Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can't see my gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ken914
Just got my new 914-6 (Whoooooo wheeeeeeeee) but I have found that I cannot see the gauges because the steering
wheel is in the way. I didn't have this problem on my old -4 from 20 years ago.

THis car has a 14 inch outside diameter steering wheel. I took the seat out to see if I could lower it some, couldn't.
Any ideas of suggestions??????

Thanks.
machina
Rotate the gauges so you can see the important part of the scales.
ClayPerrine
Your 914 that you owned years ago had a factory steering wheel in it. It's bigger than the aftermarket one you have now. You can put a stock 914 steering wheel back on the car and you can see the gauges, or you can rotate them. Personally, I would put the stock wheel back on an original six.

rick 918-S
I have the same wheel. I have the same problem. You'll never get used to it either. Best you can do is rotate the gauges like other said.

How about a couple more photos. aktion035.gif
jim912928
I put a factory 911 steering wheel on mine out of an SC. Smaller diameter then the stock but bigger then what you have (and it has a porsche logo!). I can see my gauges with this and not feel like you are driving a tractor. You do have to fabricate about a 3/4" plastic cover to fill a gap with this solution, but many use the plastic piece off the back of an original wheel. Note: this will also set the steering wheel out alittle further (by about that distance above) then the stock one also.
ken914
Thanks for all the help everybody. I think the solution is to go with the correct GT / early 911 wheel. Armando's site has it shown here

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/image/22425215,

If anyone has one they want to part with let me know!

Thanks.
SirAndy
QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Mar 5 2005, 05:17 AM)
Rotate the gauges so you can see the important part of the scales.

agree.gif rotating is far cheaper and faster than buying a new wheel ...

smile.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.