Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '74 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
myersrich
'74 914 2.0 originally a 1.8. Older restoration all the nasty issues:rust, Battery tray, deck lid hinges etc. were resolved. Engine was refreshed with new bearings and cylinders, heads re-refreshed. KYB shocks stock brakes. Fuel injection was replaced with 44mm Dellorto downdraft carbs due to a bad wiring harness. I have kept all the original parts and they will go with the car. Runs and drives excellent. I don't have time for it. It's been sitting for quite a while (years) under a tarp in my barn. It needs to go to someone who wants to drive it. I had it listed on Excellence for $8,500. I'm open to any serious offer. More photos available upon request.

E-mail me @ myersrich@q.com Thanks RGM

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
myersrich
Hey guys how 'bout a little help here. Is there something wrong with my ad, my price, my car? This is my first time posting here. RGM
ndfrigi
Sir, just wait a couple of days, several members are at several 914 events this weekend. And if you can share more pictures of the common areas that usually has rust. Like underneath the rocker panel, battery tray and the lower corner of the battery tray area and maybe rear floor of the driver and passenger side. You mentioned thise areas where fix but members do like seeing pictures.

And your price seems just right especially if common rust areas was fix.
Cuda911
Yep, people here are going to want tons more pix.... interior, inside of engine compartment, inside of front and rear trunks, undercarriage, battery tray area, etc.

If it seems in reasonable shape, I'm sure you will find a buyer,

Bob L.
QUOTE(myersrich @ Sep 16 2015, 10:12 AM) *

It needs to go to someone who wants to drive it.

Why don't you want to drive it? confused24.gif
Kraftwerk
Sweet 914. Keep in mind, that sometimes even the nicest cars take awhile to sell. The seller can't be in a hurry, while a buyer sometimes should be.

BTW I like that ' wink ' mirror what brand is that?
914runnow
Koooool...hey if coming up to Denver with it . let us know...OR if too far could meet you in Fountain at My Kidz place....take a looksee at it there...

look thru it....and PPI it a bit...up to you..
Denver Craigs list a good place too...
PM me if interested..
Thanx Rex in Centennial..
myersrich
Thanks for some feedback. I'll get the car into my shop for more detailed photos his weekend. I'm not driving it because my interests have moved on. That and I prefer the comfort and ease of access that a Volvo 245 Turbo give me. RGM
myersrich
I can't remember the brand of the mirror. I think I bought it at a Checker Auto Parts store. It's more than 20 years old. RGM
myersrich
Some more photos from my computer. I haven't had time to get it into my shop yet. Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=518
238]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
myersrich
More photos. I'll pull the battery for another photo there and get it in the air for nome underneath pictures next. RGM Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=518
753]Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
myersrich
I've used up my allocated space for images. What's the best way to get more on the forum? Should I start a new thread? Thanks! RGM
myersrich
Ok I get it now more pictures:

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=519
005]
mgp4591
I'd agree with the comments on selling it too plus a few more. Get some clean up done to the car when you're taking pictures- if it's dirty, clean it. All the dusty areas, clean them. Water drainage just sitting there, clean it. Basically, clean the car really well before the pics are put up and spend a little doing it. Make it look as best you can because overall the car looks good, it just needs CLEANING!
myersrich
icon_bump.gif
myersrich
icon_bump.gif
myersrich
Oops, forgot battery tray.

Click to view attachment
myersrich
icon_bump.gif
myersrich
More photos:

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=522
451]
myersrich
Weekend icon_bump.gif
Cairo94507
Seems like (in the pictures) the car is solid. BTTT.
billh1963
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 17 2015, 09:32 AM) *

Seems like (in the pictures) the car is solid. BTTT.

I agree....surprised it hasn't sold
myersrich
I will attest the car is very solid. Not concours quality. I built it to drive. Hence you see primer overspray in places I didn't care to detail. I love this car. But it's time to thin the herd. Too many cars. The car has sat more than it has been driven for about the last 20 years. Never driven in snow or rain, and always garaged as long as I've owned it. I bought it in 1984 as a hobby project. It needed a lot. It now needs some attention like upholstery, tires, battery etc and used as a driver. Or it could be an excellent baseline for complete restoration etc. I'm open to any serious offer. Thanks! RGM
boxsterfan
Chassis looks very solid. Engine obviously has some oil leaks. Seems like someone could take this car, have the motor rebuilt and do a quick respray and end up with a great daily driver. Perhaps the only thing holding this car back is the color?
era vulgaris
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Oct 18 2015, 02:37 PM) *

Perhaps the only thing holding this car back is the color?

Olympic blue? That's easily one of the top 3 or 4 best colors for a 914 poke.gif
myersrich
Complete set of manuals to go with the car.

Click to view attachment
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Oct 18 2015, 02:27 PM) *

QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Oct 18 2015, 02:37 PM) *

Perhaps the only thing holding this car back is the color?

Olympic blue? That's easily one of the top 3 or 4 best colors for a 914 poke.gif

Yeah, easily one of the best colors! There's a number of personal nit picky things I don't like about this car, but the color is not one of them. I am surprised that it hasn't sold yet though...
rnellums
Maybe its the location. Pueblo is pretty out of the way for most people, but the car appears to be in good shape. If its still around next time I head home to Albuquerque to see my parents (hopefully sold by then!) I'll have to swing by and check it out!

I second putting it on the Denver Craigslist if you haven't already maybe get someone local to check it out.

Good luck!
myersrich
It's now on Denver Craigslist. Thanks for all the positive feedback. RGM
myersrich
Weekend bump. icon_bump.gif
914runnow
QUOTE(myersrich @ Oct 25 2015, 01:11 PM) *

Weekend bump. icon_bump.gif

hey will you be in denver this weekend..Sawzall party in Foxfield..
come on up!! PM me..
ohhhh and icon_bump.gif
myersrich
Too busy down here getting ready for winter to get to Denver. The car is still available. I've had at least 3 contacts from Denver but no one has made any attempt to come see the car. Perhaps it's the wrong time of the year. icon_bump.gif
myersrich
Pending pickup today the car has been sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.