Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Srut compatability
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearup
I was hoping for some insight. I have been looking to purchase front struts for a 911 suspension upgrade for my 914. I have seen a Boge 911 SC strut for sale but there is only one. My question is : can I match the SC
boge strut with a 1970-1973 Boge strut which also has the 3 1/2 caliper spacing or are there other differences which make them not compatable. Also, I will be looking to use 911 SC hubs which I may have to buy separately. Im trying to figure what works with what because finding a full swap out has been almost non existent as well as drain my kids college fund. Thank You for any responses. Brett

Lastly. If anyone has any 911 struts (BOGE or Bilstien (ihave new 914 inserts for this)) with the 3 1/2 inch caliper spacing which would work with carerra rotors and eventual Boxster brake upgrade please PM me.
Dave_Darling
I think they have different-style ball joints; the early ones have a straight bolt to retain them to the strut, and the later ones have a wedge pin. The wedge pin style is preferred, BTW, in both the 914 and 911 applications.

--DD
Gearup
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 16 2015, 05:51 PM) *

I think they have different-style ball joints; the early ones have a straight bolt to retain them to the strut, and the later ones have a wedge pin. The wedge pin style is preferred, BTW, in both the 914 and 911 applications.

--DD

Thanks for the response Dave. I appreciate it. Brett
r_towle
Early strut has a unique back spacing on the rotor, and thus the bearing location on the spindle.
Glass joint is also different as Dave explained.

So, you need
Strut
Rotor
Caliper
Ballpoint and new bearings.
All of the items above need to match, though there are loads of variations that work if you measure up the parts....
Centering the rotor on the caliper is key.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.