Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shiny Targa Top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Here are some Picts of the reconditioned top for the ABM....

Fixed the rounded corners, filled a few holes, retectured and shot for $300.

Thanks Scott Yeaman!
EdwardBlume
Another
AZ914
drooley.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif
nine9three
Looks nice Rob. That's a very good deal as well. Did they sand it smooth and retexture?
JawjaPorsche
That looks awesome! beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(nine9three @ Sep 16 2015, 04:21 PM) *

Looks nice Rob. That's a very good deal as well. Did they sand it smooth and retexture?

Yep. They also made a big deep scratch go away. I kind of want to steal it for Dad's car, but it's already back on the ABM.

That reminds me. I have 2 spare tops in my backyard if anyone wants to come by and get them. Otherwise I'll cut them into snow sleds for the kids (assuming any type of moisture will ever occur in CA again).
Larmo63
Man, that top REALLY looks good. smilie_pokal.gif
theleschyouknow
agree.gif
that's looks f-ing awesome!
curious what you meant by fixing the rounded corners? and how that was accomplished any before pics?

first.gif

beerchug.gif
cjl
Cairo94507
That is the best looking restoration of a top I have ever seen. Looks like brand new.
pete000
This is on my list to do....
Cuda911
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 16 2015, 07:01 PM) *

That is the best looking restoration of a top I have ever seen. Looks like brand new.

Was thinking the same thing as soon as I saw the pix. Wow....Great job!!!

Who is Scott Yeaman? You should post his contact info. here.
914four
Looks great!

What color did you use?
Krieger
That looks really nice! $300 is a great deal.
pete000
They should offer a top restoration service !
Stacks914
Man that looks awesome!
Cairo94507
Scott is a Porsche owner and enthusiast. He has owned many P-cars and owns a 914, possibly a Six, if I remember correctly. It is not uncommon to see a 914 in his shop undergoing work.

http://www.yabinc.com
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 17 2015, 05:21 AM) *

Scott is a Porsche owner and enthusiast. He has owned many P-cars and owns a 914, possibly a Six, if I remember correctly. It is not uncommon to see a 914 in his shop undergoing work.

http://www.yabinc.com

Scott owns a 914/6 with a 3.0 and (2) full tube frame 914s. I suggested doing more tops, but I don't think he needs the work.
euro911
NICE ... drooley.gif
rhodyguy
Purdy...
pbanders
Very nice! I had Yeaman re-shoot one of my panels some 30+ years ago, wish I was still local so I could have them do my top, too!
My 914
A new looking top like that enhances the whole appearance of the car.
Coondog
Nicely done....... smile.gif
76-914
Sweet thumb3d.gif
porbmw
THAT is nice!
Do you know what product they used to retexture....and to paint?
On my "to do list"...(not getting any shorter)....

Paul
flat4guy
I would like to re do my top, I would love to know what product to use to look factory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.