Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake line "T" fitting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
I am eliminating the rear brake proportioning valve and need a replacement "T" fitting. I've been to VW dealers and parts houses in So. Cal. and can't find one anywhere. (Very frustrating, especially when I had one and lost it. Doh!!!) Who has this? Pelican Parts? CB performance? Anybody?
Cheers, Elliot confused24.gif
my15window
v dub parts unlimited or kymco 5.00$ just did it, pain in the ass take the bottom srew off first then wedge it out to get the top screw out. good luck..
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
Thanks for the help. Are these places local in Orange County? Do you have an address or a web site?
Thanks, Elliot
campbellcj
If you keep checking the VW specialty shops, you should find one. (To me it was not worth going to a pick-a-part to "try" to save $7 on a $10 part, while getting all dirty, LOL).

I got mine at a place in the SF Valley Steve Malm pointed me to..."Small Car" I think.

I actually will be yanking it shortly to put in an adjustable prop valve. I still think there is a tad too much rear bias in some situations; this is after I put in extremely aggressive front pads. Especially in case I ever need to drive on a damp or very cold track, I think it will be a plus to have the adjustability.
Elliot_Cannon
Thanks,
About now I'm thinking of just putting the damn valve back in. Gotta make up my mind though, Fat Performance is almost done with the motor. Got to get it in by the end of the summer. The cars been up on stands for about 6 months.
Cheers, Elliot
SirAndy
we just bought 5 from the local VW-Bug/Hotrod Shop ...
maybe Brad will sell you one cool.gif

Andy
anthony
Check Dominic's ad in the classifieds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.