Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back Dating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
What's everyone's feelings on back dating the BUB cars? Will it effect the long term value of the car....is it frowned upon or taboo? I'm looking a current car for sale that's been totally restored....body/paint/drivetrain/suspension.....but it's been BD. The car looks beautiful and the asking price north of $20K.
JeffBowlsby
Funny how no one ever "updates" the early cars.
jim_hoyland
I've driven a '75 for 25+ years; it still has the rubber bumpers. Those 5 mph shocks behind the bumper have saved me from getting damage from a car backing up or one tapping me from behind.

Rubber bumpers are easily repaired and touched up; a chrome bumper with a ding is gonna cost $
mepstein
Simple, If I own the car I make it the way I want.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Cal @ Sep 17 2015, 10:32 AM) *

What's everyone's feelings on back dating the BUB cars? Will it effect the long term value of the car....is it frowned upon or taboo? I'm looking a current car for sale that's been totally restored....body/paint/drivetrain/suspension.....but it's been BD. The car looks beautiful and the asking price north of $20K.

If you want to bring it back to stock, you can drive a few hours to Cincinnati and pick up my nice late bumpers and all the hardware. Yours for the taking. You can probably find similar offers closer to home. Lots of 914ers in PA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.