Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fixed fuel leak below battery tray now car won't start
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbuehling
Hi, the cloth/rubber fuel hose connector connecting what looks to be into the fuel filter under the battery tray (reachable from underneath, next to the right rear break cable) fell apart today, just worn out. I have two Webber carbs.

I fixed it with a new hose and two clamps, the plastic line itself seemed perfectly fine. Before the fix I drained all the fuel from the fuel line.

Now after putting fuel in again the car won't start, it feels like the carbs are not getting enough fuel, I can keep it alive a bit by kicking the gas pedal but I don't get both carbs to fire. I tried putting a bit of fuel on the carbs, helped a bit but not sustainably.

I checked that the clamps are not too tight didn't change anything.

Does anyone have any ideas? Could I have gotten air into the fuel line that I can't get out, could there be debris from the old hose in the line?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
dangrouche
Fuel filter reversed?
cbuehling
I didn't take out the fuel filter. All I did was replace the little connector hose from the fuel line.
rick 918-S
Fuel pump running? maybe the connection is loose and not running the pump.
zambezi
Maybe small pieces of the hose ended up in the carb(s) and are blocking the idle jets.
last337
Pull the outlet and key it on to see if you are getting fuel
cbuehling
Thanks for the help. What I thought was a filter is the actual pump, sorry for the newbie error. The filter is after the pump in the engine compartment; at least that's what it looks like.

I pulled out the hose after the fuel filter, it was dry so there was no fuel that made it through the filter. I sucked some air out, now it starts and I can get it running but it's still not getting enough fuel to stay stable.

The hose must still be clogged somewhere, any tips other than taking all hoses apart, replacing fuel filter?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.